Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2015, 05:21   #1

Boat: Back Cove 33
Off engine oil filter for Volvo d2-40

I would like to replace the oil filter on the engine with one mounted off the engine. I have used this on several Yanmar engines over the years and find that it makes changing the filter much cleaner and easier. Does anyone have a source for this for Volvo engines. Volvo does not list one in the parts manual and none of the parts suppliers list one.
Thanks for the help
rickpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 06:37   #2

Re: Off engine oil filter for Volvo d2-40

Hello Rick,
VP never supplied a remote filter assy. for the D2-40, but it isn't difficult to make up. If you are interested I can supply you VP part numbers to piece one together, or you can go on-line and find aftermarket kits for less money that will also work. One thing to beware of however is that some aftermarket kits use hose barb fittings and hose clamps in their kits. I suggest having threaded fittings professionally swaged on the hoses for better safety.

My D2-55 is using a kit made up from VP parts and it works fine, offering easier access and cleaner oil changes.

DougR
DougR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 17:16   #3

Boat: Back Cove 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR View Post
Hello Rick,
VP never supplied a remote filter assy. for the D2-40, but it isn't difficult to make up. If you are interested I can supply you VP part numbers to piece one together, or you can go on-line and find aftermarket kits for less money that will also work. One thing to beware of however is that some aftermarket kits use hose barb fittings and hose clamps in their kits. I suggest having threaded fittings professionally swaged on the hoses for better safety.

My D2-55 is using a kit made up from VP parts and it works fine, offering easier access and cleaner oil changes.

DougR

Doug
I would like to take you up on the offer to supply part numbers for a remote oil filter on both d2-40 engines on our catamaran. I think you can PM me and I'll reply. Thanks
rickpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 15:05   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Doug, to help others it would be great if you could post the part numbers in this thread. Thank.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, oil, oil filter, volvo