Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2019, 10:02   #1
PHR

Boat: 2008 Hunter 49
Item dropped into fuel fill stem

Hi.

I was putting diesel additive down the fuel fill tube on my Hunter 49 SV, and the little cardboard paper thing inside the cap of the additive came off, flipped in the air, and on a little gust, fell into the freaking fuel fill tube while I watched in stunned amazement. I used several different items to try to see it (i.e., a borescope), or recover it. But it never went down it in the first place, it made it past 6 feet down the fuel tube, or it was stuck along the side of the tube and I missed it.

Worst case scenario, what would be the consequences of having a 1 1/2 inch round piece of pressed cardboard in the fuel tank?

I can't imagine it making it all the way to the engine in any fashion, but would it just clog the fuel intake within the tank, or mess with the fuel gauge, or what else? Would it be caught by a fuel filter? I do not want to make a bigger deal out of it, especially since I could not see it with the borescope, and I ran the engine without any problems right afterwards.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Weird situation.

Peyton
S/V Sail La Vie
San Diego
PHR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel