Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2021, 22:10   #1

identify part volvo penta md 2020

Hello
Please can you help me to identify this part? Sometimes oily fluid comes out and stains the silentblock

https://ibb.co/W5pXgZq

Thank you very much in advance
toscatara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:28   #2

Re: identify part volvo penta md 2020

It’s a little difficult to tell exactly what you are pointing at with your arrow, but in that area there are a couple of adjusting screws which control the maximum engine rpm and max. amount of fuel injected at full throttle. These screws act as full fuel stops and they usually have a plastic cover over them to prevent “unauthorized “ adjustment. The threaded portion of the screw has a lock nut and sealing washer to prevent leaks, but as you have found out, oil sometimes makes its way past the washer.

If I was certain that’s where the leak was coming from I would pry off the cover, loosen the locknut and back the adjuster screw out several turns, carefully counting turns. Then clean everything up and apply a sealant to the threads, then return everything to its original position and hope that does the job.
DougR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR View Post
It’s a little difficult to tell exactly what you are pointing at with your arrow, but in that area there are a couple of adjusting screws which control the maximum engine rpm and max. amount of fuel injected at full throttle. These screws act as full fuel stops and they usually have a plastic cover over them to prevent “unauthorized “ adjustment. The threaded portion of the screw has a lock nut and sealing washer to prevent leaks, but as you have found out, oil sometimes makes its way past the washer.

If I was certain that’s where the leak was coming from I would pry off the cover, loosen the locknut and back the adjuster screw out several turns, carefully counting turns. Then clean everything up and apply a sealant to the threads, then return everything to its original position and hope that does the job.
Thank you for your interest, I will put another photo, it is just the piece that is at the tip of the arrow, it is like a cap that can be rotated, drips and the oil goes right to the silemblock
https://ibb.co/BZB48FW
thank
Old 10-09-2021, 00:58   #4

I have identified these elements inside the distribution gearbox, can someone tell me what function they have? and the reason for that drip
https://ibb.co/T4SbfzV

Thank you so much

Tags
penta, volvo