Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-10-2015, 07:31   #1
cruiser

Boat: Crealock Del Rey 50 Cutter
Gasoline as a Diesel Stablizer

When we were in Australia and we placed Trim on the hard for an extended time, we had 10 gallons of unleaded gasoline in jerry cans that I didn't want to waste. We also had a tank of diesel about 3/4 full. So, I just dumped the 10 gallons of gasoline in the 200+ gallons of diesel knowing it wouldn't harm anything.

When we returned to the boat over a year later, I was surprised to find that there wasn't any fungus or growth in the diesel which was typical after a long period of sitting in a sun heated hull. The last time we filled was in New Caledonia and I'm quite certain they didn't put any additives in the fuel.

So, the question is, has anyone ever used gasoline to function as diesel stablizer?
Trim50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel