Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2015, 02:02   #1

Boat: Hunter 44DS
Fisher Panda Diesel Leak

I have a diesel leak coming from below my Generator. I can sea the trail of diesel on the floor under the box. It is not coming from the fuel lines but further back, any one got ant ideas wear to look first. Funny thing is that it is very intermittent, there was only a smear in the bilge after 2 weeks and then I come back 2 days later and there is 1/2" in the bilge. I ran the generator about a week ago for 3/4hour. I don't know if it takes that long to work its way down or if it is a constant leak. I don't know if it is a coincident or not but it seems that it occurs worse when the tank is full. It is definitely not coming from the tank or primary fuel filter as I have covered the boat in paper towel looking for any leaks and found nothing, the only smear of diesel I can find is under the generator box that I can see thru a small gap. I will return tomorrow and start removing all the timber work around it and keep looking.
Akapeterc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fish, Fisher