Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 08:11   #346

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Re: The Flyin Hawaiian is gone!

HR is operating in a great California tradition. The way this is going, the next thing I expect to hear is "left turn Clyde".
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 08:28   #347

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Fast bottoms, I know my holier than thou attitude is anoying, I gotta live with me! But this reporting of his movements, all the false info and speculations, it is WRONG. Just put yourself in his shoes ( that's called empathy). How would YOU like it if a group of guys suddenly took notice of you and decided to dissect your life? Follow you around, take picture of you!! You say bring it on? now add their lies and belittlement, what would that do to your business if lies and rumors were spread far and wide? Fastbottom sunk a boat, fastbottom nearly killed his diving parnter, fadtbottom Is recklass and we will have to pay for his mess. It's wrong, no matter HR actions or lack there of, he doesn't deserve this, you wouldn't deserve it. I'd be holier than thou for you too.

There are many ways to be involved in this situation, following his progress if he chose to tell us, discussing his construction methods if he chose to tell us what they were/are. But really, in the end, it is none of our damn business. Don't you see? It's not about his actions, it's about yours, rebel hearts, etc., everyone who has spread speculations and lies, gleefully reported his actions and misfortunes, compared his vessel, that he worked two years on with his son, to a cardboard and Elmer's glue construction.

That behavior is wrong and doesn't belong here, let SA be SA. We are CF( que proud patriotic music with CF Flag waving in the wind) the be nice place.

Whew! Sorry again, I can't help it. I like the under dog, I've been there too many times ( that's called empathy).
Old 15-08-2013, 08:30   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Frog View Post
I personally would not be surprised at all if he successfully sails to Hawaii. In fact, I would bet my $50 on that outcome
Put a time limit on it of two years from launch, even money odds.

I wonder what I'll spend that $50 on....
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 08:47   #349
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
It's not about his actions, it's about yours, rebel hearts, etc., everyone who has spread speculations and lies...
Really? I've been spreading "speculation and lies" in this thread? Who corrected the poster who said that HR had threatened to shoot people? Who posted the straight dope about the what had been reported regarding the harbormaster incident? Me, that's who. I have never knowingly made a derogatory statement about HR or his clan either here or on Sailing Anarchy and I challenge you to prove me wrong. Quite the contrary, I have generally been supportive of their efforts.

But the truth apparently has little value here. You and your not-so-secret admirer, Celestialsailor, seem to be pretty good at attributing negatives where they don't belong. I suggest that before you go pointing fingers, you get the facts right. Maybe look in the mirror too.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 08:55   #350

I also like how you attach words like "gleeful" to your accusations about some people talking about HR/FH. Anything to further YOUR vision of CF. But your vision is not everyone's vision and it isn't very nice when you try to force it upon all of us. We're not all trying to be mean. You just think we are because you feel discussing this situation is wrong. However, I don't feel it is wrong to discuss this situation.

Some on CF seem to be acting like glorified hall monitors trying to impose their "goodness" on all of us. Fast bottoms is right, he isn't spreading misinformation. He is talking about what is happening and offering opinions about it. So are others. I think that is okay. Why can't that be okay?

If you don't like the this thread or the tone of it, why can't you just go to some other threads? What internal problem keeps you here trying to impose your will on us while at the same time making derogatory and sometimes incorrect statements about the people in this discussion? "gleeful"
Old 15-08-2013, 09:19   #351

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Fast bottom, You might be right, maybe I got a little uh er impassioned by lumping you all together, apologies.. But do you have any comment on the rest, what if it happened to you? How would you handle it?

Target9000, nope I'm ok, just fine speaking my mind. And as I stated earlier there is a big difference between discussion and perpetuating the harassment that has been directed toward HR and son, and that's one of those things that if it has to be explained to you, you probably wouldn't understand. Not much discussion about design so far, mainly because we know very little except what's been put out by SA, which has proven to be false on more than one occasion. I'm sorry if my asking for a little empathy for the guy bothers you, there is an ignore button, my attitude is unlikely to change.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:27   #352

Ocean Girl: Has it occurred to you that we are also just "speaking our minds"?

Call me ignorant and incapable of empathy when I call to question your continuous harassment of people trying to have a discussion. That is a nice deflection on your part.

In reality I can empathize with this man and his son and his dream. I can see where some of his decision making comes from. However, I can also empathize with a man addicted to drugs, a wife beater, or a murderer. Feeling what they feel is a segway to understanding why behavior happens. However, you can still disagree with their actions AND you can still discuss their situations without being evil.

You also say that we're harassing this guy, but I don't believe anyone in this thread is actively emailing him, pestering him, or confronting him in person and nagging him about his boat. I believe we're discussing what is already being reported by other people because there is curiosity and interest in his situation.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:32   #353

Boat: 45' CC ketch

Quote:
Fast bottoms, I know my holier than thou attitude is anoying, I gotta live with me! But this reporting of his movements, all the false info and speculations, it is WRONG. Just put yourself in his shoes ( that's called empathy). How would YOU like it if a group of guys suddenly took notice of you and decided to dissect your life? Follow you around, take picture of you!! You say bring it on? now add their lies and belittlement, what would that do to your business if lies and rumors were spread far and wide? Fastbottom sunk a boat, fastbottom nearly killed his diving parnter, fadtbottom Is recklass and we will have to pay for his mess. It's wrong, no matter HR actions or lack there of, he doesn't deserve this, you wouldn't deserve it. I'd be holier than thou for you too.
This is called "human nature". Welcome to a real world, Neo. This is how your fellow human beings behave, well, like 90% of them do. You can't do anything about it, except 2 tings:

1. Don't participate in bullying
2. Support the one being bullied, at least morally, if you wish and feel you should.

The main mistake of HR is that he did actually engage into discussion on SA, and in general that he did pay attention to what people say about him "on internets". The best thing is to simply ignore and do whatever you are doing. Don't feed the throlls, you know. People are throlls. Don't feed them. Don't go on Internets and try to defend or explain, it is not about the reality or truth - it is all about show. Don't put the oil into this show's lamp, and show will die off by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Really? I've been spreading "speculation and lies" in this thread? Who corrected the poster who said that HR had threatened to shoot people? Who posted the straight dope about the what had been reported regarding the harbormaster incident? Me, that's who.
You are too serious. Your seriousness blids you, you seriously take stuff that deliberately was intended to make thread sound even more ridiculous and nonsense. Funny that other posters did understand my joke - but you started to defend HR and correct my nonsense (I thought it was obvious to anyone with a sense of humor). Taking stuff too seriously is the biggest problem of people, that result in wasted time and nerves. Just relax and let it go.

PS. I symphatize to HR because I have been in his shoes. I did a correct choice to ignore the noise (and all these discussions are just that - a noise). As a result, I have not only reached my "Hawaii" (figuratively speaking), but made many circumnavigations ever sinse (again, figuratively speaking). It is me who is laughing now.
Sea Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 09:43   #354

Boat: Able 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Yep and since he has run aground, we can add anchors into the discussion - WOW a guns, anchors and idiot seamen thread. What more can you ask for?????

You left out the multihull issue
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 09:58   #355
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Fast bottom, You might be right, maybe I got a little uh er impassioned by lumping you all together, apologies.. But do you have any comment on the rest, what if it happened to you? How would you handle it?
I wouldn't like it which is I why I wouldn't do it to others. Pretty simple.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 10:33   #356
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post

You left out the multihull issue
Ain't no issues with multihull's :-)
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:08   #357

Boat: 22' Westerly Nomad

Quote:
Well, we will still be missing sex and politics...
The government is out to screw the people!

That's EVERY government, everywhere!

There. Politics and anal sex!

Old 15-08-2013, 11:27   #358

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Yeah, thank God everybody on this forum are mental giants who all make only intelligent contributions to the discussion.
Yes, all the men here are above average and all the women are beautiful.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:02   #359

Quote:
I personally would not be surprised at all if he successfully sails to Hawaii. In fact, I would bet my $50 on that outcome
If you saw some of the tsunami debris washing up on our shores, including boat of all types, you'd feel pretty good about that bet.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail. - (George Carlin)
Aussiesuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:15   #360

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Perhaps the anchors could be sexually frustrated or something
Yep.

They are pretty small for such a big boat.

though it is not really, since it has no ability to be steered, no sails to power it and no motors to move it, which makes it, by definition a barge.

Tags
hawaii