Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 18:25   #256
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: The Flyin Hawaiian is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
Did it sink, did it float ? Anything new or are we having hash for breakfast?
Still afloat. HR and/or The Viking have answered almost zero questions about the boat and he has now resorted to threats against any Anarchists who might approach it. They have been harshly treated over there, but nobody twisted his/their arm to join the conversation and he/they are clearly enjoying himself/themselves, having posted over 100 times since yesterday in that thread alone. But let's face it, SA isn't for the thin-skinned or faint of heart. That's why it's so great. No heavy-handed moderation to ruin a good thread.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 18:31   #257

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Well, hot rods exact word were, when refering to the complete jackassery of SA:

"This is like preschool revisited"

Hot Rod did ask for help But clearly doesn't trust their motives. So far the help offered at SA is for their holiness enlightened selves to go aboard FH and point out what he did wrong.

Hot rod also mentioned how rewarding it was to build a boat with his son.

As far as the personal attack about his literacy, He is typing by flip phone, and even commented that it was limiting his answers and very frustrating.

I used to think SA was a place for hard core sailors/racer, a little high strung but basically ok people. Frankly, after reading the thread about FH, they are really a bunch of self righteous class A ninnies. I mean..WOW!

Does the be nice rule pertain to the axxholes over at SA? bashing a guy for having the nerve to build a boat without their consent or approval?
I definitely like your style OG. I looked at SA and saw one of our own (a certain diver) rabble rousing the poor guy.
I've built 3 steel boats, 2 of my own. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is equal until they pick apart people for trying...then I see them as amateurs trying to bolster their sense of self at the cost of putting people down around them.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 18:37   #258
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I definitely like your style OG. I looked at SA and saw one of our own (a certain diver) rabble rousing the poor guy.
I wasn't "rabble rousing" him, I was calling him out because I was certain he was a troll. I asked him to prove himself by posting a selfie, which he did. I actually then apologized in a self-deprecating way for some of the language I had used. And previously in the thread, I stood up for the Hot Rod clan, saying they deserved some respect for actually building a boat and getting it launched. I have never hammered the guy for what he is trying to do or made any comments about his intelligence or character or any of the other supposed flaws others have claimed he has.

But I guess you didn't feel the need to accurately relate the story since that wouldn't support your criticism of me.
Old 11-08-2013, 18:44   #259

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
I wasn't "rabble rousing" him, I was calling him out because I was certain he was a troll. I asked him to prove himself by posting a selfie, which he did. I actually then apologized in a self-deprecating way for some of the language I had used. And previously in the thread, I stood up for the Hot Rod clan, saying they deserved some respect for actually building a boat and getting it launched. I have never hammered the guy for what he is trying to do or made any comments about his intelligence or character or any of the other supposed flaws others have claimed he has.

But I guess you didn't feel the need to accurately relate the story since that wouldn't support your criticism of me.
Criticise you???...Naaaaa
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 18:44   #260

Boat: PETERSON 44
Of course hot rid should not be surprised at the tone on sa and he opted to join in. Not sure what he was looking for posting into that hornets nest.seems to have settled right in with the choice language and insults.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 18:48   #261
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Of course hot rid should not be surprised at the tone on sa and he opted to join in. Not sure what he was looking for posting into that hornets nest.seems to have settled right in with the choice language and insults.
He's clearly a big boy and can apparently give as good as he gets without crying about it.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:02   #262
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Euro...You better stay in port...looks scarey out there...

A little harsh...but true.
A little harsh, yes. As hash as the negative posts coming from the naysayers? I say not
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 19:11   #263
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post

Well, hot rods exact word were, when refering to the complete jackassery of SA:

"This is like preschool revisited"

Hot Rod did ask for help But clearly doesn't trust their motives. So far the help offered at SA is for their holiness enlightened selves to go aboard FH and point out what he did wrong.

Hot rod also mentioned how rewarding it was to build a boat with his son.

As far as the personal attack about his literacy, He is typing by flip phone, and even commented that it was limiting his answers and very frustrating.

I used to think SA was a place for hard core sailors/racer, a little high strung but basically ok people. Frankly, after reading the thread about FH, they are really a bunch of self righteous class A ninnies. I mean..WOW!

Does the be nice rule pertain to the axxholes over at SA? bashing a guy for having the nerve to build a boat without their consent or approval?
Very well put. Maybe a little to kind:-) Literate or illiterate what does it matter. I build houses for a living and some of the best craftsmen I know don't have a good grasp on correct grammar or spelling. As sometimes I don't.
I was really surprised when I looked at Rebel Hearts blog. Dude your young, what happened to the live and let live attitude of the younger generation? Don't grow up to fast, it sucks!
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 20:15   #264

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Gee it seems as tho when ya gets your first 1000 sea miles , even if it's coastal, ya can be the judge of everyones boats,equipment, and there ability to do anything differently they you do! sorta seems like the pot calling the kettle black maybe ??? Come on folks , if the only way ya can feel strong is by belittleing others mistakes then ya have a really pee poor attitude about life in genral!! Theres room for everyone out there, even the ones we feel are stupid!! heck theres so many folks on here with education and things like that, I would never have the guts to answer some of there questions! But when they want some help I try! Maybe theres no help for hot rod I don't know! But why rag on a guy when he's down !! In the long run that will never really make ya feel better !!!
Old 11-08-2013, 22:41   #265

Boat: Owens

Some good posts from some good folks with a lot of wisdom in these last few. About the only good that comes out of threads like this is seeing who's who in the zoo. There's too much negativity in this Jerry Springer culture nowadays.

Craig
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 22:51   #266
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I've seen the photos of the Flyin Hawaiian construction details and can confidently say that that boat will never make it to Hawaii through typical tradewinds conditions. On most days it probably wouldn't make it to the Farallon Islands (26 miles beyond the Golden Gate Bridge).

Does saying this make me a mean person?
Paul Elliott, S/V VALIS - Pacific Seacraft 44 #16 - Friday Harbor, WA
www.sailvalis.com
Paul Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:47   #267

Well, I think it would be fair to say that one way or the other Hot Rod has managed to bring out the worst in all of us I think I'll leave the commenting here and on SA to others now, I've made my opinion clear...
europaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:05   #268

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Elliott View Post
I've seen the photos of the Flyin Hawaiian construction details and can confidently say that that boat will never make it to Hawaii through typical tradewinds conditions. On most days it probably wouldn't make it to the Farallon Islands (26 miles beyond the Golden Gate Bridge).

Does saying this make me a mean person?
No just realistic, which seems to draw lots of criticism here. / sigh.....
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:09   #269
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
SA isn't for the thin-skinned or faint of heart. That's why it's so great. No heavy-handed moderation to ruin a good thread.
Thank God most of us here on CF wouldn't view the FH thread on SA as "a good thread". I'll take heavy handed moderation every day if it prevents someone calling me a douchbag or worse.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:20   #270
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Flyin Hawaiian is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Thank God most of us here on CF wouldn't view the FH thread on SA as "a good thread". I'll take heavy handed moderation every day if it prevents someone calling me a douchbag or worse.
Naah... we'd only call ya that on SA if we liked ya...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii