Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2021, 14:57   #16

Boat: Planet, Earth LOA∞
Re: Need some advice on listing our catamaran

cruisersforum
catamaransite.com
craigslist.org
sailboatlistings.com/catamaran
facebook.com Cats 4 sale by Owner Group
yachtworld.com fsb$
boattrader.com fsbo

I'm currently on the market and this is my search routine (in order of preference)
I would also add to that boat24, inauta, boatshed (these carry many of the same ads but there are surprises sometimes)
Also www.leboncoin.fr a random youtube search and even twitter sometimes.
fcftampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 15:07   #17

Location: Boynton Beach, Florida. Cruising Bahamas through Spring 2024
Boat: Manta 40

There’s also https://www.catamaransite.com/
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 15:44   #18

Boat: Knysna 440 once I get my new dock and the canal gets dredged

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycat View Post
We have a Jaguar 36 they we brought brand new in 2005 It was in the St Peterburg boat show that year. It has been repowered with new 3ym Yammar engines (2). It also has a new invertor, new batteries,0ne new airconditioner and one old ac which still works! 2 helm seats, 3 cabins one king and 2 queens. Also setee can also sleep 3
It has a spinnaker which was used twice..it has the original sails and stack pack. Refrigertor and freezer, teak and holly flooring and much more
My question is this: should we try to list it on cruisers forum or should we go with a broker?
We are both captains but in our 70's and I think our sailing days are coming to an end..
The boat is located in Marco Island Florida
Normally, being a tight wad, I'd suggest trying to sell the boat yourself. However, given the hot boat market right now - especially for nice cats, I would think a good broker could more than cover his commission and save you the hassle of dealing with it. A good broker will understand the market and know what he can sell your boat for. He may even have buyers already to purchase a boat such as yours. Now to just find that good broker
joelhemington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 16:19   #19

Post on C/L all around Florida+ CW and Saliboat listings.
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 16:49   #20

candycat, message sent.
Lovedog100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:39   #21

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Catamaran Guru is a broker but has a FSBO page on his site.
https://catamaranguru.com/sailing-re...sale-by-owner/
Old 06-04-2021, 09:18   #22

Very interested in your boat.. please send details so i can check her out.. thxs..
Mike
Mhwheeler61atgmaildotcom

Quote:
We have a Jaguar 36 they we brought brand new in 2005 It was in the St Peterburg boat show that year. It has been repowered with new 3ym Yammar engines (2). It also has a new invertor, new batteries,0ne new airconditioner and one old ac which still works! 2 helm seats, 3 cabins one king and 2 queens. Also setee can also sleep 3
It has a spinnaker which was used twice..it has the original sails and stack pack. Refrigertor and freezer, teak and holly flooring and much more
My question is this: should we try to list it on cruisers forum or should we go with a broker?
We are both captains but in our 70's and I think our sailing days are coming to an end..
Michaeld61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 18:43   #23

Among I am a broker / listing agent / finder, handling used boats here in the Philippines. In most of Asia most brokers offer clients two options: exclusive and non-exclusive contracts.

Depending on the yacht value:

- Exclusive earns us 4-5% and means that whoever the yacht is sold to we get paid no matter who introduces the final buyer

- Non-exclusive earns us 8-10% but we only get paid if we introduce the final buyer

In both cases we handle everything from advertising, inquiry from listings, viewing, financial transactions to final sales documentation.

As mentioned in previous posts here, your choice to use a broker / listing agent / finder, or to DIY really depends on whether you have the time available to DIY or not.

Most of my clients either, have full time jobs or, travel a lot, thus cannot invest the time and/or do not want to attend to the task of filtering out the tire-kickers.

As you are planning to retire from the adventures of the seas you probably have the time available to DIY.
alitaptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2021, 10:36   #24

Boat: Leopard Catamaran

Quote:
Can I have your slip?
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2021, 13:31   #25

Boat: Beneteau First 38 SEGUE

Do you have any idea of what you’re asking dollarwise
r2sail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Advice, catamaran