Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 14:21   #1

Info re: CPA Yachts

Hello,
Does anyone have any information on CPA catamarans. There are 3 listed on yachtworld and apparently are/were made in france but I cannot find out anything about them or even what C.P.A. stands for. google searches come up with tax accountants and not much more.
If you know the boats could you please comment on their strengths and weaknesses.
thanks SK
shawnkillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 14:44   #2

CPA, a french firm (Chesnus Presles & Associés) were the designers, and the boat was likely a custom build based on that designers plans. They aren't builders.

CPA - Chenus Presles & Associés - Architecture navale
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail. - (George Carlin)
Aussiesuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 15:22   #3

Aussiesude, thanks for the info. do you have any thoughts re how well their designs function.
sk
shawnkillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 16:25   #4

Sorry, but I've no knowledge of their recreational designs. Most of their designs are of larger commercial charter craft. I think you'd be looking at it on a boat by boat basis - and trying to find out who the actual builder was of a particular craft. Perhaps you'll get lucky, and one of our French member who has actually been on one of their boats - will chime in. I will say that every time I've seen one of their designs pop up, it's been a boat that was built in the late 80s - early 90's and the designs certainly 'look' progressive for the time, and their bridgedeck clearances seemed very healthy. But I haven't a clue as to their performance. They seem to have held their value extremely well - which is usually a good sign. Sorry I could not be of more help...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail. - (George Carlin)
Aussiesuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 18:15   #5

Unhappy

Both the listings for the 56' CPA on Yachtworld are for the same boat... note the difference in price. I looked at this boat and it is an utter disaster. Major refit needed.
Northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:20   #6

Boat: A few!
A little off topic, but Gerard Chenus was the engineering brains behind the 32m 64t Lady Barbaretta where he built a carbon monococ bridge-deck to which segmented hulls attached (as opposed to complete hulls with a bridge deck then bonded across). I worked pretty closely with him when this was sold to Richard Branson on the redesign of the boat, now Necker Belle. He's a brilliant engineer, and I'm pretty confident any design he has been involved with will be structurally superb.
caribcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 16:33   #7

Boat: Image 7.85m
Re: Info re: CPA Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
Both the listings for the 56' CPA on Yachtworld are for the same boat... note the difference in price. I looked at this boat and it is an utter disaster. Major refit needed.
Hi I am new to the group. Not sure if I am supposed to post to messages this old. I am trying to get an education on sailing, catamarans,and cruising. Have spent my life on or under the sea as a commercial diver but almost no time on sailing cats. I find myself in uncharted waters.

Did you go sailing on the boat?Which is the correct price? What did you feel had to be replaced, repaired or redesigned?
Joe Burke is offline   Reply With Quote