Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2014, 23:35   #19

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 473
Dreams, Time and a Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by svseachange View Post
If I wanted to teach my children they should be trapped by society's norms I would get a 9-5 job, send my kids to a nice suburban school and take them to Red Lobster every Friday night.

But I want to raise smart, creative, curious, fit and healthy children so I put them on a boat and set off for foreign lands. I try to intoduce a little responsibility and hardship into their lives for good measure.

The 9-5 option is for the meeker, milder folk who can't "buck up" and be real men and women who live their dreams and lead by example.

Thank goodness the two countries spent most of my life in (Australia and the good ole USA) who were forged by men and women who were brave enough to pick up their families and go and look for better lives.
I enjoyed your web site Dennis. I see you have the youngest child with you on your trips and your two teenage daughters live in the city. Sort of contradicts your opening sentence or did I get that wrong?
http://svseachange.com/?page_id=25