Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2021, 06:24   #31

Re: Best Reviews on YouTube.

I was trying to find where the gtfo vids bashed boats, I skimmed thru a few of their vids and did get a little of the bad vibs they where doing on boats. But the funny thing is all their boat review vids are now edited with "we bought a boat" in the title and beginning of the vids. I wonder if they edited the vids and toned down the "bad" reviews.
Old 26-07-2021, 06:31   #32

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

NaClyDog, what cat do you have?
Old 26-07-2021, 07:11   #33
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
It also might be an indication that they are paid shills who will say and do anything to permit them to continue getting paid. People will believe anything if they hear it enough, true or not.

And, for the record, I'm not knocking the builder. I'm knocking their support and encouragement of advertisers who don't identify as such and seek to mislead an audience.

I got a laugh when it was mentioned to us that those supposed catamaran experts making recommendations and reviews had as much cat experience as I did at the time... NONE.

I’m not a paid shill and having owned 2 Seawind’s I can report there aren’t any creaking noises while sailing.
Having spoken to the guys on Tulas Endless Summer quite a few times I can also say with reasonable confidence that they are buying a Seawind because they like the design, build and sailing ability, not because they are getting a tremendous deal. Yes they have researched the brand extensively.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 08:26   #34

Boat: Gemini 105Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Ruby Rose did 10 reviews of boats recently.
Funny.......... these two "experts" are on video saying they never stepped foot on a catamaran. Yet two weeks later are posting reviews of catamarans......

Skip to the 5 minute mark to hear "experts" talking about their catamaran experience............

Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 11:06   #35
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

For what it is worth, my 21 year old Leopard 45 had no creaks. Built like a tank.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 13:26   #36

Boat: Catalina 30' (1984)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillintheblank View Post
I was trying to find where the gtfo vids bashed boats, I skimmed thru a few of their vids and did get a little of the bad vibs they where doing on boats. But the funny thing is all their boat review vids are now edited with "we bought a boat" in the title and beginning of the vids. I wonder if they edited the vids and toned down the "bad" reviews.
Hi Scott!
Dennis here from GTFOplan.

The "we bought a bought" portion of the boat video titles was never changed from the moment we uploaded them to YT. It was our running joke on how to title the various review videos we made. For that matter, we did not (and do not) go back and edit any videos to "tone down the 'bad' reviews." Why would we? Also, not sure we 'bashed' any boat manufacturers during our reviews.

The intent of our videos is to document our process from work to retirement. We will still probably do boat reviews, but prefer to only do reviews of boats we've sailed as we grow our sail resume. Our future videos will focus more on our process of how we transition from work to retirement.

To clear up some confusion from other posts, we have only had a contract with Balance Catamarans; no other manufacturers. More importantly, we've received no financial benefit from Balance Catamaran.

Anyway, glad to answer any questions!
justakiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 16:01   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakiss View Post
Hi Scott!
Dennis here from GTFOplan.

The "we bought a bought" portion of the boat video titles was never changed from the moment we uploaded them to YT. It was our running joke on how to title the various review videos we made. For that matter, we did not (and do not) go back and edit any videos to "tone down the 'bad' reviews." Why would we? Also, not sure we 'bashed' any boat manufacturers during our reviews.

The intent of our videos is to document our process from work to retirement. We will still probably do boat reviews, but prefer to only do reviews of boats we've sailed as we grow our sail resume. Our future videos will focus more on our process of how we transition from work to retirement.

To clear up some confusion from other posts, we have only had a contract with Balance Catamarans; no other manufacturers. More importantly, we've received no financial benefit from Balance Catamaran.

Anyway, glad to answer any questions!
Hello, Dennis.
First I did not use the where bashed, except stating where other people used the words. I did say get bad vibs, the big one was going on about the size of the cockpit table on one boat. Granted that could have been because it meant a lot and you could not let it go.

I have never seen your videos before, so I could not say what the old ones where. I was just stating that maybe you had edited becuase the we bought a boat thing. If I had seen your videos before I obviously would not have said you editted them. So I was wrong there.

As for the rest, nice to see you clear it up.

Also again, I cant say you bashed any boats. I went off what other said, and I also stated I did not see any bashes, I just used bad vibs.
Old 26-07-2021, 18:36   #38

Quote:

I got a laugh when it was mentioned to us that those supposed catamaran experts making recommendations and reviews had as much cat experience as I did at the time... NONE.
Yeah that's where I struggled
manno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 18:42   #39

Quote:

Yeah that's where I struggled
manno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 05:37   #40

Boat: Ta Chiao 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Yup, I figured RR too. I didn't get the bias, didn't they also like the Exquisite?
Yes, and the Privilege, as well. I don't get the bias, either, in this thread or just about any other thread I've seen him post on.
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 05:45   #41

Boat: Ta Chiao 56

Quote:
... I just used bad vibs.
At first I thought that was a typo, but you used it several times. So, please, what are "vibs"??
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 06:31   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewgyver View Post
At first I thought that was a typo, but you used it several times. So, please, what are "vibs"??
The way I used it was basically to describe the tone of how they where talking. basically the opposite of excited.
Old 27-07-2021, 06:43   #43
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Best Reviews on YouTube.

Quote:
The way I used it was basically to describe the tone of how they where talking. basically the opposite of excited.
Ahh.!!! You mean 'Bad Vibes'..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 06:47   #44

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl View Post
Are you talking to me?
Whq ever stated, up front, they were looking for their first boat, and then proceeds to rate boats.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 09:33   #45

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

To be fair while RR hadn't owned a cat before their new SW will be their 3rd boat. Nicks been sailing since he was a kid and they have been cruising mostly full time for 10 years. They have the experience to rate boats and a cat is just a different type of boat.

Tags
reviews