Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2023, 02:54   #1

Endurance 44

Hi everybody! I've been lurking for some time, but would like to introduce myself. I'm a Canadian living in Cologne, Germany, who over the past few years has been building my sailing experience (along with my wife). We've completed our RYA Day Skipper course and have now gained about 600NM of experience chartering boats on the Markermeer/Ijsselmeer in the Netherlands. We're keen on continuing to build our experience, with an eventual goal to own and sail our own boat in a bluewater cruising capacity.

I've started looking at boats, to get a sense of what types would suit our eventual goals, and came across an Endurance 44 for sale in the Netherlands. It was built in GRP in the 90s at the Stratimer shipyard in France, and is ketch rigged (which particularly appeals to me). I've been trying to find information online about Endurances that were built by Stratimer (owner reports, sailing characteristic, what sort of typical issues they have pop up, etc.) but have not been able to find much. Does anybody on here have experience with the Endurance 44, and/or boats built at Stratimer? I'd appreciate any info the group-mind here may have!

Thanks, and looking forward to getting more involved with the forums here. Also, if anybody in my neck of the woods (The Netherlands/Belgium/Germany, and especially Cologne, begin the sailing hotbed that it is ) is looking for crew or help with their boat, let me know! I'm trying to learn as much as I can to support the dream.

Cheers,
Mitch
MPCurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:17   #2

Boat: Stern50
Re: Endurance 44

Hi Mitch,
Financially presumably out of your league, but for bluewater cruising:
https://www.schepenkring.com/boats-o...sgraaf-design/
Ready to start sailing right away. Longer range. Can't loose her keel (integral with hull).
RonaldL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 06:11   #3

That's an amazing looking vessel; definitely looks ready for some serious expeditions! Unfortunately, a little out of my price range, and probably a little more boat that me and my wife need. Thanks for sharing the link though.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:37   #4

Boat: Stern50

Just for your info:
The interior design is basically a 43 foot vessel.
However, because of the blue water cruising purpose, 7 foot were added to allow a full width engine room. So it is a 50 foot after all.
This engine room is an important factor: when you are out there on your own, all items like engines and genset, pumps, fridge compressors, steainers are easily accessible. And the normal life (cooking, sleeping, watch keeping, navigation, are not at all hampered. You do not have to remove stairs, walls etc.
Also a design thought: in the interior are no large empty spaces where you can make a large fall when the ship is heeling suddenly (waves or gusts).
But anyway, this Endurance has beautifull looks.....
RonaldL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:25   #5

So, just a little bump back up: nobody has any experience with the Endurance 44 here?
Old 29-12-2023, 21:57   #6

Boat: Endurance 44 LOD 46ft

We have recently bought a timber Endurance 44 that was built to 46ft, cutter rigged
We live on the Mornington Peninsular in southern Australia and brought the boat down from Sydney (approx 600nm.)
Happy to answer any questions from our short time with the boat.
Cheers,
Greg
SYSalacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2023, 20:22   #7

Boat: Endurance 44 LOD 46ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCurley View Post
So, just a little bump back up: nobody has any experience with the Endurance 44 here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Salacia.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	284910  
SYSalacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2023, 23:09   #8
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41

I have no knowledge of the Endurance 44 nor the yard that boat was built.

I do own a Belliure 41 which is essentially an Endurance 41. It was built at the Belliure yard in Spain however. Mine has a more modern hull design than the full keel of the more common Endurance line. It is a Peter Ibold design also. Bob Perry once told me Peter Ibold made one design, then made different sizes.

I find the raised deck house to be very nice, especially for long term living. Generally the Endurance line is quite seaworthy. Certainly my 41 is, as well as pretty fast and very sea kindly. Wish I could give you more..I'd look at the boat carefully as it's fairly old at this point.

dj
dlj is offline   Reply With Quote