Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2019, 12:32   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Volunteer crew wanted, Annapolis MD to Rhode Island Departing around 9/14.

Volunteer crew wanted, Annapolis MD to Rhode Island Departing around 9/14.

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from Annapolis Maryland, on or around September 14th. This passage is approximately 450 miles and likely to include some inshore and some coastal ocean sailing. The complete passage should take roughly between 3-6 days depending on our requirement to stop and wait for weather. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and we will certainly use the motor as much as required to expedite the passage.

(The Boat) Is a 2014 Beneteau Oceanis 38, being relocated for a new owner. At this stage I can not confirm what equipment is on board for offshore sailing however with exception to one overnight stretch of 100 miles along the NJ shore this may be a mostly inland route with the possibility of sailing through NYC and the Long Island Sound. We will have all of the USCG required safety equipment at a very minimum.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. The First Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator. You can find my CV, references, email address, and blog here; SAILBOAT DELIVERIES -

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am looking for volunteer crew. There will likely be three of us in total. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. You would be responsible for all of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc in addition to transportation to Annapolis. As we do not actually ‘require’ a third crew member for this type of passage there is no budget for crew-transportation or salary however I should be able to provide a lift back to Annapolis from RI. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch whenever required , sometimes alone at night, helping with navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. Effectively this is like a sailing job with no pay but provides an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision of a well-qualified captain and mate willing to teach underway.

(The Requirements for the crew) Send me a PM or Email including your phone number and other info. Tell me why you want to take this trip and about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people who know they do not get seasick or have offshore experience. You should be available to arrive in Annapolis on a date TBD, most likely sometime between September 12th and 15th. I understand this may be too short notice for some, but might be ideal for someone in the area available to arrive on short notice when we have a decent weather window. Looking forward to hearing from you! -Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 15:50   #2

Re: Volunteer crew wanted, Annapolis MD to Rhode Island Departing around 9/14.

PM sent.
HFWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, crew, crew wanted, Rhode Island, wanted