Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 08:37   #76
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: passage Ct.east coast to florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
.....if you are so smart and your daughter is so well e
Fixated why don't you ask her what the contents of these so-called vxs are....then go back to watching television.l
My but you are really obsessed with television. Again, please tell us what infallible source you use for information.

Where do you get information that is more accurate than what 99% of all doctors, scientists and researchers advocate? And a hint, all the doctors and scientists in the world are NOT part of some secret, global conspiracy designed to fool you specifically.

And daughter is a ER doctor, not a virologist nor pharma R&D. Asking her specifics about a vaccine's ingredients makes as much sense as asking a sailor how a locomotive works.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:39   #77

Send a message via Skype™ to leont

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHD.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	244797

The quote from SKIPMAC's signature:
"Sometimes it's necessary to state the obvious for the benefit of the oblivious.
Trust is the poor man's Loctite."
leont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:32   #78
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leont View Post
Attachment 244797

The quote from SKIPMAC's signature:
"Sometimes it's necessary to state the obvious for the benefit of the oblivious.
Trust is the poor man's Loctite."
Quick internet search finds a report from one hospital in Houston, 96% of the doctors are vaccinated. If the doctors are getting the vaccine then I would consider that a good recommendation.

Was not able to find any confirmation of your post showing lower level of vaccination among PhDs. Mind sharing the source?
Old 06-09-2021, 11:09   #79

Send a message via Skype™ to leont

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-...p-of-all-phds/

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...-covid-vaccine

https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/news/ne...hesitancy.html
leont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:39   #80
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks. A little more searching with different terms turned up additional data on this but have not seen anyone who explained why.

Meanwhile found that the AMA reports 96% of all doctors are vaccinated.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:23   #81
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

Skip, as we all remember from our experience with standardized testing, any cohort will have upper percentiles, and lower percentiles, 99%+ being the best. I agree with all of your posts, and find it interesting to see what others say, and who those others are. I think it is an excellent demonstration that everyone cannot be in the top percentile. 99% are not. And, more jarringly 50% are not in the top 50%, either! 30% are not in the top 70%, harsh though that might be, to realize. Among the many reasons for being in the bottom 30% would be reluctance to learn, poor ability to recognize and sort facts, ironclad belief in fantasies, and, yes, maybe watching too much TV! I find it often better to remember that, at some point, it is impossible to penetrate these impediments, and rather than letting oneself become frustrated, extend an olive branch of sympathy, to the sufferers of this pathology, instead.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 13:52   #82

Boat: Pearson 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
If the doctors are getting the vaccine then I would consider that a good recommendation.

Not necessarily, it could be a requirement of continued employment or a requirement from their liability insurer. What you need to look for is the reason for being vaccinated, that would be a better assessment of trust in the vaccine.

I suspect that that trust is deteriorating in the light of an increase in vaccinated cases of newly developed COVID.

I suspect that naturally obtained immunity is what we all headed for one way or the other.

Does anyone my age remember chickenpox parties?
mjscottinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 14:09   #83
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscottinnc View Post
Not necessarily, it could be a requirement of continued employment or a requirement from their liability insurer. What you need to look for is the reason for being vaccinated, that would be a better assessment of trust in the vaccine.
Mandatory vaccination by employers is becoming a factor but that is a relatively recent phenomenon. Based on personal experience from a small data sample IE where my daughter works, all the doctors were vaccinated as soon as the vaccine was available and way before any mandates appeared. Anecdotally I think this is the case with most friends and family I know in the medical professions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscottinnc View Post
I suspect that naturally obtained immunity is what we all headed for one way or the other.
That I think will be a factor as the pandemic continues, especially in third world countries where access to the vaccine is extremely limited. But that will be a very costly way to control Covid and I don't mean financially.
Old 06-09-2021, 14:24   #84

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

Quote:
Thanks. A little more searching with different terms turned up additional data on this but have not seen anyone who explained why.

Meanwhile found that the AMA reports 96% of all doctors are vaccinated.
All knowledge is situational, saying all drs are vaccinated is the equivalent of saying 99% of all politicians vote, that 98% of all Bears **** in the woods,that 99% of all tattoo artists have tattoos, that 97% of all statistics can be disingenuous because they do not list the controls/ parameters in which the numbers are obtained.

Did you know that the numbers they are using for “unvaccinated deaths” include the people who died before there was a “vaccine”. And if we are going to use the term “vaccine” it should go down in history as as the least effective if we can still catch, spread and apparently die from it.

Have you ever sat in a drs office waiting to be seen for your appointment and a Pharmaceutical sales person walks though the waiting room no appointment and goes right in to see the dr? Do you know who the strongest lobbyists in DC are? Your “vaccine companies are sitting right next to the gun lobbyists in the front of the room at every major fundraiser and yes the democratic ones too.

I got Covid in December of 2019, my pulmonologist prescribed prednisone and amoxicillin, I went thought 2 3 week courses of both before I was clear of it.

Not a word about these medications and there efficacy 2+ years later.

Not a word about the number 1 comorbidity of 95% of the people who have died in hospitals is obesity
Not a word about how fat people should lose weight so they will not be as prone to death should they contact it. (I lost 25lbs)

My Father died from Covid, he was sick in March of 2020, my mother who was in close proximity to my father for over a week, she took Hydroxychloroquine in an over the counter med to curb the effects she was feeling while in close contact with my dad because she was “not feeling so hot” herself. Apparently the meds she took Did not work because 3 weeks after her treatments Donald Trump said it showed promising results, and the media publicity assassinated anybody in support of his comments

I received my moderna shots in March of 2021, at the time it was supposed to create virtual immunity from catching and spreading,
not so much anymore.
And now there offering a booster ?

This medical train wreck was caused by SCIENTISTS at the gain of function lab in Wuhan China. Everything else about the start of this is a lie, the wet market is a lain story and it has eroded the foundation of the statement by politicians to “trust the science”

Do you know what gain of function research is?
Do you know who funds it?

Maybe the OP wanted to out those who are feaver pitched with what others are doing and saying so that he would not have to listen to the rankings?

Also very ironic that the same individuals who support the concept “my body, my choice” are such flaming Hypocrites

Cheers
Kd9truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 15:16   #85
Marine Service Provider

Well, in my experience, in the BVI, until this summer, we had only one death. Then, we had a terrible outbreak, and in a Territory of about 30,000, we had more than 1600 cases, and 37 deaths. Guess what, all who died and almost all who were hospitalized, were unvaccinated. We were at about 40% vaxxed, but not one of the vaxxed died. Facts. On the ground.
Old 06-09-2021, 16:05   #86

Boat: Schionning Wilderness 1480

Quote:
Still waiting to hear who or what you use as a source of information.
*CDC director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, called it “a pandemic of the unvaccinated.”*

However, if you look at the data from Israel, you would see a pandemic of the vaccinated.
Israel has *62.5%* fully vaccination rate while the US has *50%* fully vaccination rate as of today.
However, Israel has daily confirmed cases *835.02* while the US has daily confirmed cases *445.77* per million population.
This data is from https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
Everyone can look this up.
It shows the higher the vaccination rate, the higher for daily confirmed cases. Wonder if Walensky only looks at data that supports vaccines sales.

*When asked if breakthrough infections – illness caused by COVID-19 in vaccinated people – is contributing to the spread of the Delta variant, infectious disease expert Anthony S. Fauci, MD, said it is unlikely.*

In fact, vaccinated people can still spread Delta variant and they are the majority.
Check this CDC study:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/w......

*Quote: 469 cases of COVID-19 associated with multiple summer events and large public gatherings in a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts*
*Approximately three quarters (346; 74%) of cases occurred in fully vaccinated persons*

The study also says vaccinated people carry the same amount of viral load as unvaccinated.
Dr. Fauci's saying contradicts CDC's own study.
com5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 16:08   #87

Boat: Schionning Wilderness 1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrail View Post
Well, in my experience, in the BVI, until this summer, we had only one death. Then, we had a terrible outbreak, and in a Territory of about 30,000, we had more than 1600 cases, and 37 deaths. Guess what, all who died and almost all who were hospitalized, were unvaccinated. We were at about 40% vaxxed, but not one of the vaxxed died. Facts. On the ground.
Died of it or died with it, this is what they don't tell you.
com5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 16:11   #88

Boat: Sceptre 41

https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...are-vaccinated

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210904-130818_Gallery.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	244829
sv_pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 17:52   #89
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by com5984 View Post
Died of it or died with it, this is what they don't tell you.

Don't be silly...it's a small community. Died OF it. Intensive care full, the whole works. The reason I cited this instance, apart from very personal experience with it, is that it happened in a small place, where it is easier to determine the facts. So....died of it, in most cases, quite unpleasantly.
Old 06-09-2021, 18:04   #90
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by com5984 View Post
*CDC director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, called it “a pandemic of the unvaccinated.”*

However, if you look at the data from Israel, you would see a pandemic of the vaccinated.
Israel has *62.5%* fully vaccination rate while the US has *50%* fully vaccination rate as of today.
However, Israel has daily confirmed cases *835.02* while the US has daily confirmed cases *445.77* per million population.
This data is from https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
Everyone can look this up.
It shows the higher the vaccination rate, the higher for daily confirmed cases. Wonder if Walensky only looks at data that supports vaccines sales.

*When asked if breakthrough infections – illness caused by COVID-19 in vaccinated people – is contributing to the spread of the Delta variant, infectious disease expert Anthony S. Fauci, MD, said it is unlikely.*

In fact, vaccinated people can still spread Delta variant and they are the majority.
Check this CDC study:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/w......

*Quote: 469 cases of COVID-19 associated with multiple summer events and large public gatherings in a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts*
*Approximately three quarters (346; 74%) of cases occurred in fully vaccinated persons*

The study also says vaccinated people carry the same amount of viral load as unvaccinated.
Dr. Fauci's saying contradicts CDC's own study.

This is a very selective interpretation of the facts. Israel was one of the first, if not the first, countries to be very extensively vaccinated. The two doses were given two weeks apart, which was the prevailing protocol, at the time. Subsequently, it was determined that the vaccine was much more effective, for a much longer time, if the spacing between shots was greater. In the case of the Astra Zeneca vaccine, that time is ten to twelve weeks. It has therefore been theorized that Israel's less successful experience with the vaccine was a demonstration of the danger of shorter spacing.

In your second example, you are citing the occurrence that first brought to people's attention the fact that the Delta variant can be communicated between vaccinated people. In fact, it has now been shown that the viral load is about the same, vaccinated or un-vaccinated. This is why masks and distancing are still important. However, it has also been shown that, whilst the virus can be communicated among the vaccinated, this happens at a smaller rate. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the symptoms appear to be much lighter, the duration of sickness much shorter, and the hospitalization rate much smaller. As for death, far, far fewer vaccinated people die of the Delta variant, than the un-vaccinated. It is important to understand that a vaccine does not prevent communication of a virus, in any disease. What it does is prepare the body's defenses to deal with the infection, in most diseases, without even becoming symptomatic.

Tags
east coast, florida, passage