Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2023, 19:27   #1

Looking for experienced sailor to take my boat from Miami to Guatemala

Looking for experienced sailor to accompany me and co-sail my boat from Miami to Guatemala. All food and drink included.
Hi. I'm looking for someone who has sailing experience although it doesn't have to be extensive, and wants to sail for a couple of weeks. I need to take my 37' Tayana to Rio Dulce to get work done to it. Mostly interior refitting. Looking for someone who wants to go down there and show me some sailing on the way. I need the practice. I'd share the duty's with the person who comes down. I can pay a fixed price ( I can't pay a daily rate (not professional rate) but something reasonable and a ticket back unless you wanna wait a couple of months and come back with me. This is more an adventure and a journey than a GIG. We can live on the boat for some time until repairs won't allow for it. I'm new to this forum so if I'm doing anything wrong or this shows up in the wrong section please be kind and show me the way. Thanks and hello to all.
kissangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Looking for experienced sailor to take my boat from Miami to Guatemala

I shall endeavor to post a helpful reply since you wrote the following "I'm new to this forum so if I'm doing anything wrong or this shows up in the wrong section please be kind and show me the way. Thanks and hello to all."

First of all, try to get to know the audience first--here and anywhere you are addressing a crowd. You just joined and it is your first post. Then try to place yourself in our situation reading your post. It is not exactly clear what you want but you seem to be expecting a lot from a particular person, (you wrote "I'd share the duty's with the person who comes down" ,,,Oh I would hope so) and not really wanting to give much in return to that particular person as you made clear. It appears to be that you are probably quite inexperienced (how much experience?), looking to do something on the cheap, looking to get an experienced sailor to do a lot of heavy lifting for you, and you probably bought an old and tired boat in poor condition. Will it even be safe for such a trip? So again, it appears that you are looking for a person with a lot of time, expertise and in fact, actual work without paying them anything or very little--as you made clear. Again--you asked for feedback--otherwise I would have passed as apparently over 240 others have done. But most disconcerting of all is the following "We can live on the boat for some time until repairs won't allow for it." I'm not really sure what that means but it's a red flag when taken with the whole of your post. I hope this is helpful to you, so why not start with being very clear about the boat, your background, the plan and offer something more than just food and drink?
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, enc, Guatemala, miami, sail