Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2020, 10:46   #1

Rio Dulce Guatemala / Guatemala

We are curretly cruising the Carribean and looking for a place where to leave the boat during hurricane season.
I really like what i read about the Rio Dulce in Guatemala.
As I understood there are many small private Marinas there, and it is getting more and more popular.

For me having never been there its a little bit confusing which marina to chose/contact.

Does anybody know if it is necessary to make a reservation or can I just show up in June/July and will find a place in a Marina (both on the hard or in the water would be okay)?

There is also a small probability that instead of doing another season in thr Caribbean we might sell the boat in summer, are there brokers in Rio Dulce? Any experience of somebody selling his boat there would be highly appreciated. (Its a 36ft Beneteau from 2003).

Thanks a lot
vw1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:42   #2

Boat: Seafarer 38 cutter rigged
Send a message via MSN to Allan S
Re: Rio Dulce Guatemala / Guatemala

Hi there, we have been here for over a year now and there are plenty of marinas to choose from. I don't think reservation are needed.

On the plus side, we are so far inland, (up the river), that a lot of boat stay at anchor during 'H' season.

Most tie ups are Mediterranean style, bow or stern to the dock. There are more tan a few side tie up too.

Feel free to ask any questions
Allan S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Guatemala