Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2024, 12:27   #1

For sail down island from St. Croix, USVI

I have an opportunity for 1 or 2 crew for a sail down island from Christiansted, St. Croix, USVI, who preferably could embark prior to 1 April.

The vessel is a ketch rigged Hallberg-Rassy 49. Llyodds certified. She is powered by a 6 cylinder 85 hp Volvo Penta (MD40a) diesel engine. Water-maker and AC are powered by Northern Lights 6 KW generator. She carries c. 380 gallons water and 278 gallons fuel. Standing rig was replaced not long ago and is exceptionally strong. New Caribe L-10 tender with 15hp Suzuki outboard. Three dive tanks on board. Ground tackle includes 75# CQR with 220' 3/8" all chain rode, 66# Bruce-type anchor with 50' 3/8" chain leader and 600' 3/4" nylon rode, and large Fortress in stern with 50' 3/8" chain leader and 250' 3/4" nylon rode. Vessel equipped with GaleRider drogue and parachute style sea anchor. Nav instruments include Autohelm autopilot, Raymarine sailing instruments, Garmin chartplotter, and more. New Superior Offshore Elite life raft. On board are a nearly complete set of paper charts from Puerto Rico to Trinidad; plus the latest oeSENC and Imray oeRNC charts for the Caribbean and Eastern Caribbean, respectively. The latter are files downloaded to a Dell XPS 15, 7590 laptop and a backup Gateway laptop, both operating OpenCPN. Vessel electrical system includes 24V main house battery bank (800 amp hours in AGMs), with separate 12V batteries and chargers for bow thruster, genset and main engine. Two separate heads, each with adjoining stall showers.
Royono II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 17:34   #2

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000
Re: For sail down island from St. Croix, USVI

May I ask under what terms you offer these berths?
ughmo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2024, 05:24   #3

Crew members should be experienced sailors and physically fit. They should be between 16 and 60 years of age, 175 cm or taller, and weigh between 65 and 105 kg. It is important that they carry national passports with expiration dates greater than 6 months from date of departure. Those members who are certified SCUBA divers are preferred. Crew who do not smoke or drink are preferred, although moderate drinking on board is allowed. They should be willing to assist in final provisioning of the yacht for sailing down island from the U.S. Virgin Islands. A willingness to contribute toward daily expenses is a plus. In addition, active assistance in all aspects of living aboard and sailing is expected. Husband-wife sailing teams will, or would be especially welcomed. No passenger berths are offered.
Old 21-03-2024, 05:28   #4

I am a veterinarian and whale biologist. I also have a role as a defacto agent of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. A primary activity is leading the Veterinary Ship Initiative, a brief description of which, published on my behalf by the International Association for Aquatic Animal Medicine, can be found online. In parallel I have logged over 10,000 miles on various sailing vessels, including the 52' Alden yawl Royono II that I previously owned. What I can offer is more than a crew position, if you are interested in free-wheeling discussion in areas of whale and evolutionary biology.

Tags
sail