Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2023, 11:40   #16

Re: Florida-Caribbean-Azores-Europe. Feb-June 24

I'm interested in joining your May Atlantic crossing.
- Novice sailor
- Aerospace engineer
- Pilot
- Aviation/marine accident investigator (TSB Canada)
- University instructor
- Can fix pretty much anything.
- Safety oriented, but I like adventure.
- Married with 4 young children. Planning a 2 year voyage of our own. Looking to get some miles under me beforehand.
- I've spent a month straight on the high seas (North Atlantic) without any sea sickness.

Cheers, BM
branden.murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2024, 10:47   #17

Boat: CSY 44 Pilothouse Ketch
pirate Re: Florida-Caribbean-Azores-Europe. Feb-June 24

Ahoj Ahoj!
Happy, Salty New Year!
Things are progressing well here. I am back in the US. The boat is back in the water and happy as a clam to be floating on her own, big fat bottom. We are on track for a timely departure now in the beginning of March 2024.
Here are some updates.
There are 2 crew spots open for April 2024, in and around the Caribbean, mostly island hopping, day sailing. 1 rookie/ novice spot. 1 'some experience' spot.

There is 1, maybe 2, spots open for the Atlantic crossing, end of April, beginning of May (this departure is very much weather dependent). Departing St Martin. Arriving Horta, Azores about 4 weeks later. Sailors need experience for this leg and time flexibility.

Azores to Brest, France: 1 rookie and 1 'some experience' spot open. This will be around the end of June. .... also seeking a local, oyster and champagne tour guide in Brest

As always, attitude and energy are the most imortant factors. Send a PM if interested.
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2024, 09:33   #18

Ahoj. Here comes an update.

I have delayed my departure. I am still in North Florida. Because of delays for new standing rigging hardware, I have adjusted the sail plan.
The plan now is to get crew on board, take a minimum 2 weeks to get new crew familiarized and ocean ready, then make a great circle route crossing to Azores.
Timing looks like this:
New rigging arrives first week of April.
New rigging installed by mid April.
Crew on board and ready to go.
With good weather, we head out for Bahamas and island hop there - in deeper waters, because we draw 7'.
Then when we get a good weather window, we start across sailing towards Bermuda. We can stop in Bermuda as needed for crew exchange or other reasons.
Then on across Atlantic, arriving in Horta, Azores 3-4 weeks later.
2 weeks in Horta, in and around, rest, refit, sightsee.
Mid June, departing for Brest, France.
Old 09-04-2024, 12:50   #19

Hello Captain Monkey,

I am interested in crewing St. Martin to Horta and Europe. I am an experienced sailor who crossed the Pacific Oahu to Port Angeles in 2015. I owned a boat from the '70s that I recently sold after 23 years. I completed American Sailing Association training 101, 103, 104, and 114 and Offshore Training with 59 North in Southern Portugal on a 62' Bruce Farr named Falken. I have lots of cruising and regattas from San Francisco Bay and the Sacramento River. I am strong, fit, 49 years old, organized, and love coffee, cooking, and boat maintenance. WhatsApp +4155045405 and my email is karima at oceanagent dot org]
CaptainKarima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 10:28   #20

Thumbs up Re: Florida-Caribbean-Azores-Europe. Feb-June 24

Hi there!

I am happy to join your crew if you are still looking for crew for the June stretch.

For a little bit of background, I am a moderately experienced high school sailor. I have participated in a handful of unorganized regattas and have experience in setting/using spinnakers and trapezes on C420 class boats, as well as cruising on Catalinas (17.4 and one 20-ish footer). Mainly experienced in the Bay Area of California, but I am happy to join you on the Azores leg. Looking to gain more experience on rougher conditions and larger boats.

As for personality, I am a pretty decent cook, good in high stress situations, and most definitely a "cheerleader" as you described. I personally believe I am mature for my age, so immaturity should not be a problem here.

Contact me on my email or my phone number (whatsapp) if you want to take me on: anshambatkar@gmail.com or +14086790580

I hope you consider me, and have a great day! You sound awesome.
mewhenisail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 16:05   #21

Hello,

My name is Chase Watts, and I am 19 years old. Although I have limited sailing experience, the opportunities I've had to sail were with my brother on his sailboat, during which I assisted with the sails. I consider myself to be very intuitive and a quick learner, qualities that I am eager to apply towards learning how to sail. I am very enthusiastic about volunteering for this opportunity and look forward to contributing to the best of my abilities.

I'm interested in the May-July
Please call at 479-966-2428
ChaseWatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2024, 07:38   #22

Ahoj ahoj,
New rigging is getting hung. Yay. It's a pirate party up at the top of the Main!
If I have not contacted you, please send a note. I did not plan to skip anyone, but it is super busy right now making ready.

Tags
Azores, Caribbean, Europe, florida, rib, rope