Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2024, 10:51   #1

Boat: Ta Chiao 56
April through June, North Carolina to Bahamas

About us: We're a 60ish married couple with a Ta Chiao CT56 sailing ketch. Looking for at least one crew member with sailing experience to join us from mid-March / early April for the rest of the season, if possible, but open to shorter duration if your time is limited.

The boat: She's a big, beautiful, heavy cruiser in excellent condition, well equiped and ready to go. Full Nav gear including radar and AIS, all safety equipment, EPIRB, liferaft, etc. Very comfortable crew cabin with its own head and TV. We have Starlink internet, plenty of bandwidth. Watermaker, washer and dryer on board.

Currently located in Beaufort, NC, with a slip through the end of March. We're looking to set sail mid-March to early April, dependent on crew availability and good weather window.

Leaving from Beaufort, we'll head down the coast to Florida, then cross to explore the Bahamas, including Abacos, Eleuthras, Exumas, and Long Island. Given the late start, we'll probably sitck to the Bahamas, but we may possibly expand the trip to Puerto Rico and or the BVIs, before heading back to North Carolina in the end of June.
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2024, 12:12   #2

Re: April through June, North Carolina to Bahamas

I am 71 years young female with a few years sailing experience volunteering for crew with Sail Beyond Cancer VT. I love to cook too! My dear friend who got his CG license at 16 and has done many charters in the past suggested this might be a good fit. I have another Captain friend, Tom Peterson, who is in Beaufort this winter with his beautiful trawler, Loon. Let me know if any interest.

Terrell Titus
Tatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:02   #3

Just sent you a message.
Look forward to hearing from you.
OldTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 00:23   #4

My girlfriend and I, 21 and 24 respectively, would be interested. We are university student athletes in the mountain west so the earliest we could leave is around May 1st. 'Round where would you be? We are on a shoestring budget for travel, but would love an opportunity like this. I grew up racing sailboats in the Midwest and SCUBA diving in the south Caribbean. I am currently the crew chief for a commercial hot air balloon operation in Park City in the summers so I will need to schedule around that.
Thanks

-CzHnz
Chez Hines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, north carolina