Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2019, 09:41   #1

Nosy Be, Madagascar - best time of the year?

Can anybody tell me when the best time of the year is for sailing in Nosy Be, Madagascar? I'd like to charter a boat there.

According the information I've found on the internet, December through March is rainy season. Windfinder says the average wind is fairly weak (and changes direction twice a day, land-/seabreeze, of course).

But DreamYachtCharter says the best time is February to May and November to January is wet and before November there can be too much wind!

So what's the weather like there, now, really? I neither want to get soaking wet nor fighting 40kts land breezes and I'd actually favour either November or January if it makes sense weatherwise.

I'm sure someone has spent a year, there and can answer this. Thank you very much, I appreciate any info (also in general regarding short-term charter boating there (seems to be a really tiny base with just a few boats)).

Thank you!
Airjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 10:29   #2

Boat: Luffe 45
Re: Nosy Be, Madagascar - best time of the year?

Check out the cyclone season.. I would go from March on and before December ....
lifgun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Madagascar