Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2020, 06:34   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Charter company recommendation, Tahiti - French Polynesia

We did a French Polynesia charter for 2 weeks back in October. We had a good time, in spite of the boat/charter company. We are planning a trip back. The company we chartered with has offered us a substantial discount to go back, but we are still hesitant. It just wasn’t good, and no assurance that things have changed. But that’s why I’m not (yet) saying who it is.

We are familiar with Sunsail, the Moorings, and Dream Yacht. This will be our 17th charter. We are not familiar with Tahiti Yacht Charters. Does anyone have some thoughts on the FP charter companies, in particular Tahiti Yacht Charters?

Thanks in advance.
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 07:32   #2

Boat: Allied 39
Re: Charter company recommendation, Tahiti - French Polynesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
We did a French Polynesia charter for 2 weeks back in October. We had a good time, in spite of the boat/charter company. We are planning a trip back. The company we chartered with has offered us a substantial discount to go back, but we are still hesitant. It just wasn’t good, and no assurance that things have changed. But that’s why I’m not (yet) saying who it is.

We are familiar with Sunsail, the Moorings, and Dream Yacht. This will be our 17th charter. We are not familiar with Tahiti Yacht Charters. Does anyone have some thoughts on the FP charter companies, in particular Tahiti Yacht Charters?

Thanks in advance.
We charted from Tahiti yachts out of Raiatea a few years ago. Had a few issues but overall it was a good experience.

Chuck
Jacaranda
Old 28-02-2020, 13:19   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Oceanis 50
Re: Charter company recommendation, Tahiti - French Polynesia

Currently docked in Apooiti marina where Moorings, Sunsail and Tahiti Yacht Charter are based. Not chartered with any of them or ever in French Polynesia. I'd say they are much of a muchness. Boats are all fairly new and look clean (no idea if well maintained but newer always helps). Mostly catamarans.

Personally I'd go with the charter company that offers the boat I am looking for and/or the best price. I'd expect the service to be equivalent from either company.
justsail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, enc, French Polynesia, men, tahiti