Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 18:11   #136

Boat: Roberts 45
Re: Vloggers hit an uncharted rock/reef in the Kimberleys

Quote:
I personally think it was worthwhile to see the incident (good or bad) unfold so others can gain some perspective and understand that there are ways to try to rectify a situation versus just crying for help.
+1

https://www.timantra.net
hzcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 18:21   #137

Vloggers hit an uncharted rock/reef in the Kimberleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzcruiser View Post
I agree, they don't pay for likes and subscribes but if someone subscribed it's more likely he or she watches other videos from the same vlogger. And I can only surmise that videos that get a lot of "likes" are being returned before others on a given search.

Now I’ll ask you to substantiate that. Search algorithms are proprietary and take into account a lot of criteria. Evidence that a video’s number of like or the videographers subscription count matters does not exist. Suggested videos on your home page take into account what kind of channels you subscribe to, your recent view history and what’s “trending”. It can be pretty complicated and often you get some wacky suggestions.

As I said before, what some youtubers do is take their subscriber base (you get access to analytics) and log of their viewer response and then go and market themselves to potential sponsors. Your pitch is to convince them that your viewership aligns with the potential customer base they are going after. They don’t buy YouTube ads, but they pay the YouTuber directly, or they give them product to discounts on products to feature.

You’ll notice some of a these campaigns when all these channels are featuring those products like audible books, or that crappy food they send in the mail. None of that goes thru the YouTube system,
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 18:32   #138

Boat: Roberts 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Suggested videos on your home page take into account what kind of channels you subscribe to, your recent view history and what’s “trending”.
Sounds very much what has been mentioned before, "likes" and "subscribes". Either way, let's not hijack this thread about Plukky hitting a reef in the middle of nowhere any further.

https://www.timantra.net
hzcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 18:34   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzcruiser View Post
Sounds very much what has been mentioned before, "likes" and "subscribes". Either way, let's not hijack this thread about Plukky hitting a reef in the middle of nowhere any further.

Then stop having to have the last word on something you know absolutely nothing about.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote