Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2020, 11:38   #1

Boat: Will be a few years yet :)
Southern Cuba with Dream Yacht Charter

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster, go easy on me!

My wife and I chartered a Lagoon 39 from Cienfuegos in Cuba in October with some friends. The trip was at least partly inspired by reading this enticing review.

Aside from a handful of reviews and forum posts, there is not a great deal of information. A far cry from the BVIs and certainly part of the allure

We were looking for remote islands and deserted beaches and I can say that we weren't disappointed. Aside from the boats moored in Cienfuegos marina and Cayo Largo marina, we saw three others in 8 days and didn't share a beach or an anchorage once.

I made a video of the trip (below) in case useful for those thinking of going but looking for more info. If that's you, feel free to reach out with any questions!

Cheers,

Luke

lukehayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Cuba, yacht