Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 19:10   #1

Boat: Jeanneau SO 42 DS
Dream Yacht Charter

Hello all,

I'v chartering the last couple of years with Moorings ( Turkey, Bahamas, Italy...), it was Ok but for the next year I'm think to booking with Dream Yacht Charter (Greece or Croatia), please any information will be appreciated.
cempetitinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 13:55   #2

Boat: Granada 27
Re: Dream Yacht Charter

We have been chartering with a company called Easysailing in greece for the last two years, we are also chartering with them this year. I do recommend using them, they have some boats them self and are partners or agents for Dream Yacht Charter, used to be Vernicos yachts in greece, but Vernicos Yacht I thinks are aquired by Dream Yacht Charter. We have been dealing with Easysailing about everything before the chareter. And dealing with Dream Yacht Charter at the harbour about practical things at check in and check-out. I can recommend Easysailing and Dream Yacht Charter in Greece. We have very good experience with them. They are also very competitive on price.

Kind regards,

Martin
Old 09-02-2014, 09:42   #3

Boat: Jeanneau SO 42 DS

Tks Martin,

After some talks I booked with them (Dream Yachts) in Greece out of Athens.

Regards,

Carlos
cempetitinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 14:10   #4

Would anyone who has chartered with DYC like to share your opinion of how well run the outfit is? I'm not seeing much about them in the forum (compared with Moorings or Sunsail).
qmorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 15:51   #5

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 41

I'm booked with them in Antigua at the end of May, I'll report back with a full review, but so far, so good.

One recommendation: if you're booking with them and you're located in the US, use their UK website and agent and pay in pounds sterling (insert .co.uk instead of .com on the website - don't use the .com website and just change currencies, go to the UK website) with a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee. It was about 15-20% cheaper booking that way.
mogulskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 17:09   #6

Boat: Formosa 41

Mrs Flare and I and three other couples chartered a catamaran from them in St. Martin last year. They were great. I would definitely charter from them again.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 18:16   #7

Boat: Valiant 40

Dreamyacht is a roll up of lots of smaller charter companies. They basically provide a marketing and branding platform and a client pipeline. The point is, your experience is going to vary depending on where you charter, and feedback about their charters in the Caribbean is not going to be highly relevant to their charters in Croatia or Greece.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 13:47   #8

Boat: 44ft Knysna

Don't go with them, they are a disgrace to the charter industry, they take your money and if you have a problem, well it's your problem not there's as they already have what they want, go elsewhere.
diver14u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 15:49   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"

Here's a quick synopsis of our experience with them. If you can get your money back...

https://dreamyachtcharterssuck.com/
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 07:21   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmorf View Post
Would anyone who has chartered with DYC like to share your opinion of how well run the outfit is? I'm not seeing much about them in the forum (compared with Moorings or Sunsail).
We've chartered with Dream Yacht twice, once out of Nassau and once out of Puerto Del Ray in PR. Nassua was great. The team that ran that operation was professional, courteous, and easy to work with.

The PDR team was terrible. The boat we chartered had a ripped mainsail (which the team admitted they knew about before we left) and had issues where the wheel would become extraordinarily difficult to turn (turns out that it was another known issue with the boat). That experience was bad enough that we won't charter with them again.
lonecapon is offline   Reply With Quote