Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2022, 10:46   #16
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Poland Flag - Non-eu resident , VAT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Sure sure boatman sticky Europeans can’t be trusted what old boy. Sure Poland is hardly a country what

You don’t have to use the agencies if you read and write polish

SSR is not full registry any way. It does not convey legal title. The polish one is

( doesn’t everyone get a few original bills of sale ? , I have three ) passports are easily replaced ( they only need a scan of that anyway )

The polish registry is by far the easiest EU registry to access and provides a full title registry as well as ships call sign and MMSI. You only need certain originals.

I’ve not heard of any scams and the polish registry is now very common. None with a EU boat wants a red ensign as it attracts the vat watchers !!!
Bit racist What..
Tell me something I don't know about SSR old chap.. also I like my Red Duster..
A boat under 10m costs €569 to register, then it's €149 for the MMSI.. if they accept my Brit VHF licence else it's more bucks to get it in the agencies name.
£35 for the SSR and Bill of Sale as proof of ownership.. the savings will pay for my new electric windlass and hawse pipe..
As for the VAT hustlers.. the bill of sale is sufficient.
As for learning to read and write Polish..
That's what Google Translate is for.. 4 languages is enough at my stage of life..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays for the beat of the Apartheid Drum.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:51   #17
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Poland Flag - Non-eu resident , VAT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Bit racist What..

A boat under 10m costs €569 to register, then it's €149 for the MMSI.. if they accept my Brit VHF licence else it's more bucks to get it in the agencies name.

£35 for the SSR and Bill of Sale as proof of ownership.. the savings will pay for my new electric windlass and hawse pipe..

Sorry boatman but I’m not the person that out of blue declared polish registration agents ( on the back of no evidence , a possible scam )

My point being of course your are entitled to your opinions but the SSR is Not a full registry and can’t be compared with the full polish registration.

All over the EU the validity of “ light “ registrations is being questioned , the Dutch one has been rejected in Croatia and Greece and Italy , can the SSR be far behind ( it well known the proof of address is often fraudulent )

You are more then entitled to your red duster ( as am I in fact ) but let’s not run down the foreigners ….

Note if you make friends with a local polish sailor , you can do the registration for €15.

In the context of a sale a couple of. hundred euros is peanuts anyway

The OP can of course elect to get Irish registration , all originals , full complete original bills of sale back to manufacture , original CE cert , verified VAT status , 4 original signed and witness documents ( one formally making you a ships husband ) a full warranted tonnage cert , and €150 , the registrars are officer of the Revenue Commissioners , oh and changing the name requires a two week advert to be placed in a Irish national Newspaper ( the legislation dates to the original British 1895 Maritime act)

But you get a lovely hardbound registry written in fountain pen , sealed , stamped and larger then most modern copiers !!

No one ever questions it !!!!!
Old 07-06-2022, 11:03   #18
Nearly an old salt

Poland Flag - Non-eu resident , VAT ?

Quote:
Bit racist What..
As for learning to read and write Polish..
That's what Google Translate is for.. 4 languages is enough at my stage of life..

A bill of sale between private owners is not acceptable as proof of vat. What’s required is the original sales invoice between the original selling dealer and the first owner.

Or a T2L as the hariden in Vilamoura wanted
Old 07-06-2022, 11:56   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Sorry boatman but I’m not the person that out of blue declared polish registration agents ( on the back of no evidence , a possible scam )

My point being of course your are entitled to your opinions but the SSR is Not a full registry and can’t be compared with the full polish registration.

All over the EU the validity of “ light “ registrations is being questioned , the Dutch one has been rejected in Croatia and Greece and Italy , can the SSR be far behind ( it well known the proof of address is often fraudulent )

You are more then entitled to your red duster ( as am I in fact ) but let’s not run down the foreigners ….

Note if you make friends with a local polish sailor , you can do the registration for €15.

In the context of a sale a couple of. hundred euros is peanuts anyway

The OP can of course elect to get Irish registration , all originals , full complete original bills of sale back to manufacture , original CE cert , verified VAT status , 4 original signed and witness documents ( one formally making you a ships husband ) a full warranted tonnage cert , and €150 , the registrars are officer of the Revenue Commissioners , oh and changing the name requires a two week advert to be placed in a Irish national Newspaper ( the legislation dates to the original British 1895 Maritime act)

But you get a lovely hardbound registry written in fountain pen , sealed , stamped and larger then most modern copiers !!

No one ever questions it !!!!!
Miss the old Lloyd's blue book registration.. Folded out to nearly 1/2 a chart.. all very impressive when presented.
All one gets these days is an A4 sheet of paper..
As for possible scams.. do you know how easy it is to set up a site.. and passport forgery is a profitable business.
Nice little sideline earner if you pick the chaff scattered in the wheat..

Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays for the beat of the Apartheid Drum.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:05   #20
Nearly an old salt

Re: Poland Flag - Non-eu resident , VAT ?

Quote:
Miss the old Lloyd's blue book registration.. Folded out to nearly 1/2 a chart.. all very impressive when presented.
All one gets these days is an A4 sheet of paper..
As for possible scams.. do you know how easy it is to set up a site.. and passport forgery is a profitable business.
Nice little sideline earner if you pick the chaff scattered in the wheat..
Yes but in the absence of any evidence, I unlike you, don’t simply state there’s a potential scam and remind everyone how satisfied you are with your SSR. The polish registration is well respected , formal and well run. The agencies exist because you need to deal in polish and have a polish address for correspondence. Any broker will point you or the OP to one they have used before
Old 07-06-2022, 12:43   #21
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Yes but in the absence of any evidence, I unlike you, don’t simply state there’s a potential scam and remind everyone how satisfied you are with your SSR. The polish registration is well respected , formal and well run. The agencies exist because you need to deal in polish and have a polish address for correspondence. Any broker will point you or the OP to one they have used before
We'll there you go then.. your the good guy..

Don't have a boat at the moment so nothing.. not even an SSR..

Old 07-06-2022, 22:15   #22

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 38

I registered in Poland, I was not required to send the original documents, instead everything was a scanned copy, digital, done in days with the official credit card size official document arriving in a week. Very efficient and easy.

Quote:
Don't like this...
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO REGISTER UNDER THE POLISH FLAG
• Owner's identity document (valid passport) of an individual or proof of identity (valid passports) of the directors in case of corporate ownership

• Proof of Ownership (either a Sales Agreement; commercial invoice; Bill of Sale; Notarial Statement, etc)

• Scanned copy of any of the following (CE Certificate; Tonnage Certificate; Builders Certificate; Survey Report; Yacht's Manual)

• Photos of the outside and the inside (engine room) of the boat, showing its name, engine's serial number, hull number; and CE plate

• CE Design category (A, B, C, D)

• Deletion of the previous flag if the boat was previously registered – if the boat is brand new we need builders certificate

Sending original documents makes me twitchy.
CNulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 22:22   #23

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 38

You can get Polish registration, it is not relevant for VAT. Not sure where you will keep the boat but check insurance companies. I am based in NL and originally registered USCG. Insurance became an issue as EU insurance would not insure a USA flagged vessel in NL permanently, tax related issues. The reverse was also true, US insurance not willing to insure a US boat permanently in EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsailors View Post
Hello,
I am a non-EU resident who likes to register my boat in Poland, I don't plan to stay more than 18 months in the EU with my boat, Does anyone know if I still have to pay VAT for my boat?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
CNulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:59   #24
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Yes, that is a problem..
Pre Brexit I used Pantaenius (UK) but when I contacted them about a boat I am considering they told me they now only cover UK residents.. I live in Portugal.

Old 08-06-2022, 07:28   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsailors View Post
Hello,
I am a non-EU resident who likes to register my boat in Poland, I don't plan to stay more than 18 months in the EU with my boat, Does anyone know if I still have to pay VAT for my boat?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Since you are not an EU resident, your boat is entitled to stay up to 18 months in the EU waters, then EU VAT becomes due and you can plan to be in the country with the lowest VAT...

I also have Polish flag.
Drop an email with your boat details at info@PolandYachtRegistry.com to get a quote, they do not have a website but work direct with the registry i believe. Was the lowest price in the market few months back...
SChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 13:02   #26
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
A bill of sale between private owners is not acceptable as proof of vat. What’s required is the original sales invoice between the original selling dealer and the first owner.

Or a T2L as the hariden in Vilamoura wanted
I thought the T2L was only valid for 90 days..

Old 08-06-2022, 13:29   #27

Boat: Dream 45'

Anyone is using or has information regarding the Montenegrian register? Costs, pros and cons, contacts?

Thanks
iabmatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 13:56   #28

Boat: Bristol 29

Quote:

Sending original documents makes me twitchy.

Quote:
Most European registrars require originals , I had to send all mine in.
We were allowed to submit notarized copies of documents for Polish citizenship application.
Sun and Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 15:20   #29
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
I thought the T2L was only valid for 90 days..
2 years extendable on request , she’s wrong about a T2L anyway it’s not appropriate for the circumstances she demanded it for.
Old 08-06-2022, 18:06   #30
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

The T2L document is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. The SAD form may be supplemented with one or more supplementary forms, which will be an integral part of the T2L document.
Direct quote..

From another source..
Some controversy, but the answer is NO. The T2L is a shipping document covering goods in general shipped across the EU. So if a boat is going by road with a haulage company it will need a T2L which the haulage company will issue. However when you go with your boat it is a "means of transport" so does not need it.

The controversy is that some states are misinterpreting the rules - Portugal and Croatia as examples causing panic for some people. The latter is a peculiar case because there were a lot of non VAT paid boats there at the time of accession last year which qualified for "deemed VAT paid" and they demanded a T2L to demonstrate such boats were imported from the EU.

The RYA is trying to deal with the problem - but in reality it does not affect movements elsewhere in the EU and you are OK with your registration, Bill of Sale and VAT receipt - and even the last is not really necessary as it is rarely asked for in the states most British people visit.

As usual the RYA is as up to date as anywhere on such issues.

And the EU farce continues...
https://lorrendraaier.nl/legal/saili...document-saga/

Sailor beware...

Tags
Poland