Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 13:44   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo
Re: NEED A TOW ASAP

If you are uncomfortable operating the boat in the canals and ICW, PLEASE DON'T TAKE HER INTO OPEN WATERS IN WINTER BY YOURSELF!
Old 01-01-2017, 13:57   #32
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: NEED A TOW ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
If you are uncomfortable operating the boat in the canals and ICW, PLEASE DON'T TAKE HER INTO OPEN WATERS IN WINTER BY YOURSELF!
Unless its your intention to open all seacocks and cut the hose's..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"I am not less life-loving than you are.
But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
boatman61 is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 14:13   #33

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Lol. Everyone is so helpfull except for what you actually asked for.. next we will need to know you head system..
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 16:00   #34

Boat: 40 Trojan International

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0_1 View Post
Lol. Everyone is so helpfull except for what you actually asked for.. next we will need to know you head system..
Exactly. Thanks scuba0_1. We are just in a bind and maybe I didn't give as many details or clear of our intentions but, I guess a few gets it when you are a little cramped for time and I am new to the sailing community, as I have taken courses. It doesn't make sense until you are doing it
Anyhow, after the money we have spent coming down to do modifications and the lack of time we have to get home we are just at this point trying to get the boat home. Thanks and Happy New year [emoji1]
carebear1968 is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 16:01   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Nope, all people want to know is why the boat can't get out to open water on its own.

This thread is typical of what I see all the time in my line of business. The client tells you what he thinks the solution is rather that what the problem is.

Almost invariably, their solution is not optimal.

So back to the OP. Why can't you and the boat get out to open water on your own?
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 16:18   #36

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Nope, all people want to know is why the boat can't get out to open water on its own.

This thread is typical of what I see all the time in my line of business. The client tells you what he thinks the solution is rather that what the problem is.

Almost invariably, their solution is not optimal.

So back to the OP. Why can't you and the boat get out to open water on your own?
I think you've summed it up very well. The folks on this site are generally very helpful and patient with newbies but this one takes the cake.
Old 01-01-2017, 16:37   #37
SFS

I don't think the OP actually wants any help at this point. He/she appears to not be reading our posts, and is now actively avoiding the dissemination of information.

Carebear - We don't care (or judge) how you got into this situation. You say you can't solve the problem without help, and have come here for help. If you cannot help us assist you, you won't get much assistance. If you are content to seem vague and slightly shady, rather than solve your problem, well there are worse things than contentment.

Good luck.
SFS is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 17:20   #38

Everyone seems interested in why. He said the size of the boat and wants a tow to open water. I don't care what size his boat is or why he can't get it there due to the fact I don't live over on the east coast. Most of you don't either. Still haven't seen any help just allot of questions that really don't matter. Jmo.
Old 01-01-2017, 18:09   #39

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

Quote:
Everyone seems interested in why. He said the size of the boat and wants a tow to open water. I don't care what size his boat is or why he can't get it there due to the fact I don't live over on the east coast. Most of you don't either. Still haven't seen any help just allot of questions that really don't matter. Jmo.
Towing them to open water might be less than helpful and might even endanger them.
Old 01-01-2017, 18:11   #40

There you go decide what's good for him.
Old 01-01-2017, 18:25   #41

Well, I am throughly confused.
hobopacket is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 18:31   #42

Boat: Beneteau First 375

Quote:
There you go decide what's good for him.
Naples is what, a 2 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale? Why don't you just pop over there, see what the problem is and explain it to the rest of us, and then we'll see what we can do.
sandy stone is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 18:44   #43

Boat: catalina 400 MKII

I wouldn't get involved unless there was a clear statement of what the issue is. Why do you need a tow? Not the scheduling problem, but the reason you are not able to just set out today. What is(are) the specific issue(s)?

Scuba, It seems prudent to find out what the situation is before steping in. As pointed out, just rushing in might make the situation worse. That is one of the first rules of emergency rescue. This reminds me of the new owner of a Big Mac (McGregor 65) who needed a tow in Florida last year. Wow, did that turn out to be a mess.

So... I have sort of a situation - SailNet Community
scotty c-m is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 18:58   #44

Boat: Boatless at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1968 View Post
Exactly. Thanks scuba0_1. We are just in a bind and maybe I didn't give as many details or clear of our intentions but, I guess a few gets it when you are a little cramped for time and I am new to the sailing community, as I have taken courses. It doesn't make sense until you are doing it
Anyhow, after the money we have spent coming down to do modifications and the lack of time we have to get home we are just at this point trying to get the boat home. Thanks and Happy New year [emoji1]
Man, he is new to sailing and need some help passing the to him un-known busy local water system and bridges to get him to open water...!

No local CF'er can help him to get on the road?
Tricolor is offline   Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 19:14   #45

Boat: Beneteau First 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Man, he is new to sailing and need some help passing the to him un-known busy local water system and bridges to get him to open water...!

No local CF'er can help him to get on the road?
By towing him out into the ocean and just turning him loose? Do you think that's a good idea?
sandy stone is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
asa