Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 13:10   #1
RDW

Boat: Morris 1996 46' Lexington
Marina's in Caribbean

I plan to do the Caribbean 1500 in November. I will keep my boat there until May. Unfortunately I am not retired and do not live on my boat so I will have to leave it probably half the time. I am looking in to options. I wonder how likely I could find slips availible on short notice for daily, weekly , monthly rent. I am tempted to not reserve space very far ahead of time and just leave the boat in different areas depending on where we were sailing at the time but I am fearful that I may have difficulty finding space or be faced with high fees for transcient dockage. I need good places that my boat will be safe while I am not on board. I am open to any other suggestions.
RDW
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 13:29   #2

Boat: Vagabond 42
Re: Marina's in Caribbean

I have kept Callisto at Anse Marcel on the French side of St Martin for 12 years. It is a beautiful, small marina. Very safe (both weather safe and security safe), floating docks, next to the Radisson Blu hotel. NOTHING has ever been missing off the boat. Good power and RO water. I have a great guy to check on your boat, do simple maintenance and have it cleaned up and ready to go when you arrive for a week of sailing. It runs around $450/mo if you pay for 6 months at once. PM me if you would like contact info for the port captain or any additional information.
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:13   #3

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
Not to hijack this thread but Please send me info. Also if you stay extended period do they charge VAT or unorthodox duties?

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
capttman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, marinas