Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 10:16   #1

Florida Boater Missing - Please Help !

Hello,
I am the brother of the missing boater, asking that you keep your eyes open for this boat.

I am thinking that it is sitting somewhere in the Jacksonville area, it may be sitting in one of the canals or could be a one of the boating yards. The boat could also be up for sale at one of the brokers.

It is a 36 foot Beneteau, I am not sure of the year, I will try to post some photos.

The last time the boat was seen was on 9/15 off Cape Canaveral. My brother Mike, may not have phone service anymore, since we are unable to contact him. The Coast Guard and my family are needing any help we can get.

So please keep your eyes open for him and pass along this information to anyone you think can help. Below is a link to a news story regarding him…
http://www.news4jax.com/news/29397915/detail.html

Photo Link: 32511_399812824924_710009924_3942277_636322_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Call Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville at 904-564-7511 and myself at 561-351-2438 my email address is britt_consulting@yahoo.com

Also, feel free to duplicate this posting to any other forums or sites that you think will help.
Thanks,
Steve Britt
sbritt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:10   #2
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Re: Florida Missing Boater - Please view post

So sorry your brother is missing.

Any idea of where he was headed, what his fuel range would have been under power, when he was anticipating returning/making port?

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:33   #3

Boat: Newport 28 MKII
Re: Florida Boater Missing - Please Help !

Since you indicated it might be listed with a broker, you might consider contacting St. Barts Yacht Sales in Orange Park (Jacksonville), FL or Charleston. They are a large Beneteau dealer and would be where most Beneteaus are listed for sale in this area. Also, try posting your message on beneteauowners.com. under Shared Forums- Ask All Sailors. That will put the message on to the Hunter, Catalina, Beneteau owners sites + several more. Hope this helps and all the best to you and your family.
Steve W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:23   #4
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Steve, an overdue boat typically means "lost at sea". But you are looking for a boat that has not been lost at sea, but is what? Stolen and being disposed of in a boat yard?

Why would an overdue boat be in a canal or a boatyard? That's not "overdue" that's "stolen" isn't it?

What's not being said here?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29   #5

Re: Florida Missing Boater - Please view post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
So sorry your brother is missing.

Any idea of where he was headed, what his fuel range would have been under power, when he was anticipating returning/making port?
We believe he was headed to Jacksonville to store his boat and report to a new job. He has not made it to his new job yet. The last time he used his cellphone was on 9/17. I don't know the amount of fuel he would have had on board.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
Since you indicated it might be listed with a broker, you might consider contacting St. Barts Yacht Sales in Orange Park (Jacksonville), FL or Charleston. They are a large Beneteau dealer and would be where most Beneteaus are listed for sale in this area. Also, try posting your message on beneteauowners.com. under Shared Forums- Ask All Sailors. That will put the message on to the Hunter, Catalina, Beneteau owners sites + several more. Hope this helps and all the best to you and your family.
Thanks Steve for the great ideas I will do that.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Steve, an overdue boat typically means "lost at sea". But you are looking for a boat that has not been lost at sea, but is what? Stolen and being disposed of in a boat yard?

Why would an overdue boat be in a canal or a boatyard? That's not "overdue" that's "stolen" isn't it?

What's not being said here?
The boat maybe lost at sea, it maybe in a canal or a boatyard. We have not heard from him since 9/17 and on 9/15 he was heading north and located off of Cape Canivaral. He was going to Jacksonville to either dock or store the boat and travel to his new job. He had indicated that he might also put it up for sale. Just trying to cover all the bases.

I also have missed saying that the boats name is "Know Patience".
Old 06-10-2011, 13:49   #8
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Did the boarding party from USCG Kingfisher make any report or have any comment, i.e. on the condition of the vessel or crew? Or as to why they boarded it?

If the USCG is engaging in formal SAR activities, can they obtain the location where the cell phone was used on 9/17, two days after the boarding? Or have they?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29   #9

The Coast Guard was unable to figure out where he was when he made the last phone calls on 9/17.

We still have not found him, so please keep your eyes open for Know Patience.
Old 10-12-2011, 15:53   #10

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Missing florida boater brother, help requested

http://cruising.sailboatowners.com/c...r-please-help/

Cross posting hoping some may have encountered KNOW PATIENCE a 2003 Beneteau 36'. The brother said he was due in September. The link above has photos and contact info for he USCG and the brother Steve. Hopefully some has a more recent sighting. SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida