Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2013, 01:16   #1
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Excellent local service

When sailing in foreign countries its nice to find locals who give great service, especially if you don't speak the local lingo. People like Saverio in Reggio Calabria who help out cruisers with cheese and wine and groceries, taxi service, fuel etc. are much appreciated by us when we arrive in a new place.
I thought I would list a couple of people we have come across this year that could be of assistance to anyone else if they are in the area. Feel free to add any contacts you might have in other ares that provide similar services.

When we arrived in Trani, Italy we had some confusion with the local Police and coast guard regarding Visas, documents etc. Cinzia from seaservicesinternational arrived at the dock and assisted us greatly, translating and basically taking control of the situation and made everything go smoothly. She understood the regulations better than the police and coast guard and resolved the issue effortlessly. She made several phone calls and met with customs and the police when they came aboard and translated for us. She also runs the local chandlery with her husband and can supply gas, groceries, flowers and anything else you might need. Her email is seaservicesinternational at gmail dot com

In Bari, Italy we needed to buy a car. After much frustration trying to communicate with sellers we found Gianluca on a local travel guide site who does personal guided tours and speaks fluent English and Italian. We asked him if he would mind assisting us and he was happy to help. He made calls, arranged to meet sellers, drove us to see cars and helped with all the paperwork in buying, registering etc. He also dropped our laundry off (and negotiated a cheaper price ) and is happy to help out other cruisers with anything they might need. He also dropped our friends at the airport (less expensive than a cab) When I suggested he perform a similar service to Saverio he said he would be very interested and was going to contact the local marinas with his details if anyone needs Groceries, a driver or anything. His email is ahpulia at gmail dot com

I guess these details would be handy on noonsite and I will probably add them there as well. Feel free to add anyone you have come across that provides this type of service anywhere. You never know, we might need them one day!

monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, service