Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2021, 10:22   #16

Re: Anyone know really what’s included with Beneteau three year factory warranty?

If I bought a new boat with issues such as these, the boat would be returned and issues fixed. Do you have receipts for things like chargers, batteries, etc etc? I doubt it and the third party suppliers probably won’t talk to you. The boat mfgr has all the receipts. I know several new Bennys that some issue or other and they were promptly taken care of.
mark maulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:23   #17

Re: Anyone know really what’s included with Beneteau three year factory warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
What was the root problem?

I cannot imagine a battery being covered in ANY warranty. If the issue is with the charger, then I would assume that would be covered by the charger manufacturer as that is a 3rd party item that was simply installed by the vessel manufacturer.

I would assume this would be covered under warranty.

I would think this would also be covered by Fusion, not the vessel manufacturer. (I didn't even know you could monitor VHF on the Fusion. Everywhere I have a Fusion stereo, I also have a VHF radio).
+1 for the charger and the Fusion stereo, they would be covered by the respective manufacturers, provided that you have conclusive evidence that the problem is with the equipment. For the Fusion stereo, for example, the problem may be in the connection between the Fusion and the VHF radio (it was in my case), which was done incorrectly by the dealer who commissioned the boat and not due to a malfunction of the Fusion itself.
FabioC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:47   #18

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark maulden View Post
If I bought a new boat with issues such as these, the boat would be returned and issues fixed. Do you have receipts for things like chargers, batteries, etc etc? I doubt it and the third party suppliers probably won’t talk to you. The boat mfgr has all the receipts. I know several new Bennys that some issue or other and they were promptly taken care of.
Thank you Maulden, interesting to me what you stated. I bought the sailboat about 3 months ago. It’s a 2018 with factory warranty left on it.
Sam Woodbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:53   #19

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioC View Post
+1 for the charger and the Fusion stereo, they would be covered by the respective manufacturers, provided that you have conclusive evidence that the problem is with the equipment. For the Fusion stereo, for example, the problem may be in the connection between the Fusion and the VHF radio (it was in my case), which was done incorrectly by the dealer who commissioned the boat and not due to a malfunction of the Fusion itself.
Thank you FabioC, interesting you had a problem with the fusion radio. When I bought the boat 3 months ago the fusion transmitted VHF correctly. But it slowly started having a issue. Sometime it would work other times it wouldn’t. Finally it completely stopped and shows no VHF signal (bars). I was thinking it could be the VHF splitter. The radio side works well.
Sam Woodbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 21:19   #20

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Woodbridge View Post
I rencelty bought a 2018 Beneteau and it’s still under warranty until the end of this month. My problem is the things wrong with the sailboat don’t seem to be covered under warranty.

Had a charging issue and it was not covered.
Have a rain water link in the aft cabin and was ignored.
Fusion stereo not broadcasting VHF and was ignored.

Is this normal? I’m wondering if it’s just me asking to much.

Thank you for any replies - Sam
All those things should be sorted. If your dealer is not helpful, put in a complaint to Beneteau, and find another dealer. If it's a proper Beneteau warranty, then it is universal/international.

Just a query re the Fusion stereo - they receive, not transmit (or broadcast).

Tags
beneteau