Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03   #16

Boat: PSC Orion 27
Re: -2 foot itis

I called the broker we dealt with when we bought the boat. He said he was going through the same thing, told me not to sell the boat, be captain Ron for the summer and to visit him at his sea side home when he has a 'going green' event. Apparently a lot of hippy chicks show up. Obviously doesn't need the commission too badly.
I just read that a Tanzer 10.5 circumnavigated some time in the late 80's, so worst case, if I don't sell it in two years, I won't be the first blue water Tanzer pilot.
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:51   #17

Where are you? I would try Craigs List etc first. It's a good time of year to be selling. If you are in a hurry be realistic about the price, but also remember people expect to offer much less. Be ameniable, follow every lead or email. It's amazing how people trying to sell on Craig's list are unwilling to provide info etc. No wonder they dont sell. I might ask 6 questions about a boat and it's engine etc... and get one answer like: "Chevy".... ha ha , lotsa luck buddy!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09   #18

Where I am is Fort McMurray, how I got here is a long story. Anyway my boat is on Vancouver Island, and one of the reasons I haven't put it up for sale yet is that I think I've found the boat that suits me perfectly, but I haven't physically stepped on it yet. I'm going to try to fly down to Seattle next week and take a look at it. Then back to the island to check on the Tanzer. I didn't want to put the Tanzer up for sale until I'm sure I would be happier with a smaller, less appointed boat. One of the reasons for selling a pilot house and buying a pocket cruiser is the fact I've spent over half a century in the frozen North, either snowy, wet, coastal B.C. or frozen Northern Alberta. (The Athabasca river just broke up a couple of days ago). I retire in two years and the only ice I want to see is in my drink.
Old 01-05-2013, 14:39   #19

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
I retire in two years and the only ice I want to see is in my drink.
Why, that sounds pretty damn smart for a goat!

Winter is for people in fixed abodes... says Jim, whose boat is freezing her bum off in the Southern winter whilst he is basking in 90+ spring wx.

Hope that the boat turns out to be worth the trip.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 15-05-2013, 13:31   #20

Hi all. I just got back from Seattle/Nanaimo. The "dreamboat", wasn't perfect of course, but I could live with it. The Tanzer was looking good but I kept picturing a couple or a young family on it, it seems a bit too 'nice' for me?! Anyway I took DOJ's advice and made up a website with pictures I took while I was there. Of course it clouded up before I got the outside shots, and I totally forgot to take a picture of the head, oh well. I put an ad on craigslist (thanks Cheechako) and I'll put one on here as well.

If I sell the Tanzer I'll have a few extra dollars to put towards the cruising kitty, if I don't, I'll have an excellent boat that's ready to cruise when I am. I kind of like those 'no lose' situations.

Thanks again for your help and advice, and I'll see you 'out there' one way or the other.

Goat