Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 00:52   #16

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 54
Re: First Charter in Croatia

I spent the last three years in Croatia with my own boat. I spent most of it
in the north on the Island of Ugljan at Preko Marina and loved it. You could contact them and ask for the contact details for Lubos who runs very reasonably priced charter boats out of the Marina . It's and easy trip south to most of the islands and the previous recommendation of Sibernic and Krka
are right on the money ( an must see.) You could make it south and back to Preko easily in a week . Have a great time you will not regret cruising there.
watevaworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 13:18   #17

Boat: Hunter 33.5'
Re: First Charter in Croatia

First post! Hello fellow cruisers!

We too are in the planning phase of a first-time Croatian charter and hope that this thread can help fill in the blanks (as it has some already). Looking at end of summer next year, for a group of 4-8, ages 26-55, mix of couples and singles.

Question 1: Itinerary
We are looking for a balance between it all - restaurants, clubs, beaches, and beautiful coastlines. If we could keep the daily sailing duration to less than 4 hours i think everyone on the boat would be happy, and gives us a nice opportunity to explore land.

Based on lots of forum and website reading (and above posts) it'd seem like Split would be a great port, with Hvar and Vis on the agenda. Unless there's a reason to question this plan, i think we'll focus on that.

Question 2: time of year
Hate to give up a precious week or two of our brief sailing season to sail elsewhere (like in the Carib during the winter), but it is what it is. Given that, would it be risky to plan mid / late September? Is swimming still comfortable? Are the crowds appreciably less?

Question 3: charter service (most important!)
The internet search engines would lead you to believe that Moorings, DreamYacht, Sunsail would be the most popular, but i wonder if that's because of the "smarts" in the algorythm that recognizes us as living on this side of the pond. We've chartered with Moorings, and although top notch, they seem to be VERY expensive in the Med.

I've looked up Pitter and danielis-yachting, but know NOTHING about them, let alone others that haven't even approached my radar.

Once we've honed in on a particular charter company and begun dialog with them, we can fine tune the port, itinerary, and time year.

Thanks Much!
George
i-Zapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Croatia