Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2020, 21:29   #1666

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
Actually most everyone isn’t at much risk.

According to the deaths we have seen, those somewhat at risk from this thing likely don’t have jobs, as they are too old/near death to do much outside of lay in a hospital or nursing home bed.
Do you bother to check the statistics before making your opinions on them? In the US around 20% of the Covid related deaths are people under 65, aka pre-retirement age. That's about 50,000 people this year.
Old 11-12-2020, 21:31   #1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
NICE, your empathy and compassion shine right on through.
People die.

Not many forwarding addresses for people who are in nursing homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
You said that you worked in critical care but you also said you lost your job. Did you find a new job? Still in critical care?

So far the US has lost more people to Covid who are less than retirement age than were lost in the Korean war. That cohort will surpass the Vietnam deaths in a month or so. This speaking nothing to the economic impact related to sustained tumult associated with simple uncertainty....having nothing to do with government shutdowns.
You have me mistaken with someone else job wise. I worked in the industry, left for other options, before covid.

And no, over 2,000 people die a day, every day, from way before covid, to way after, from being overweight (MIs diabetics etc). Covid is very contagious but not very dangerous
Old 11-12-2020, 21:42   #1668

Quote:
People die.

Not many forwarding addresses for people who are in nursing homes.

You have me mistaken with someone else job wise. I worked in the industry, left for other options, before covid.

And no, over 2,000 people die a day, every day, from way before covid, to way after, from being overweight (MIs diabetics etc). Covid is very contagious but not very dangerous
Why do we keep ignoring excess death numbers. It's telling. Unless you are arguing the suicide angle.

Sure it's not as deadly as some other diseases but 300k excess death is not a small number.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm
Old 11-12-2020, 21:54   #1669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Why do we keep ignoring excess death numbers. It's telling. Unless you are arguing the suicide angle.

Sure it's not as deadly as some other diseases but 300k excess death is not a small number.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

For one because this whole virus has been used and abused so much, to the point shootings and motorcycle crashes have been covid deaths, fruit from the poisonous tree as far as I’m concerned.

I just go off what I see around here, now comparing that to what the media industry says is all around me, well I trust my eyes, and trust the media even less now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Do you bother to check the statistics before making your opinions on them? In the US around 20% of the Covid related deaths are people under 65, aka pre-retirement age. That's about 50,000 people this year.
Death with covid?
Or
Death from covid?
Old 11-12-2020, 22:02   #1670

Quote:
For one because this whole virus has been used and abused so much, to the point shootings and motorcycle crashes have been covid deaths, fruit from the poisonous tree as far as I’m concerned.

I just go off what I see around here, now comparing that to what the media industry says is all around me, well I trust my eyes, and trust the media even less now.
Well that's the point excess death. Unless you are saying covid is causing more motorcycle crashes and shootings.

What you can trust is another matter. I suppose these figures can be falsified too.

If I trust my eyes I haven't seen or heard of anyone around me get covid at all so it's all a hoax.
Old 11-12-2020, 22:27   #1671

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Death with covid?
Or
Death from covid?
The ones who died in the overflowing ICU with Covid.
Old 11-12-2020, 22:32   #1672

Quote:
...Recently my company confirmed that due to Covid (and probably also their accountant$) I will be on furlough...
Quote:
According to the deaths we have seen, those somewhat at risk from this thing likely don’t have jobs...
Quote:
You have me mistaken with someone else job wise. I worked in the industry, left for other options, before covid
Quote:
Death with covid?
Or
Death from covid
Your messaging is a bit confusing. Ordinarily furloughed folks are considered unemployed for statistical reasons. Aren't you saying that you're at increase risk of Covid?

Does not your experience in critical care afford you understanding that Covid causes diffuse inflammation, and, that to be considered a critical care patient in the first place, a person has to have a significant inflammatory process going on? That at minimum Covid exacerbates any underlying condition?

What kind of work did you do in critical care?
Old 11-12-2020, 22:36   #1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
Your messaging is a bit confusing. Ordinarily furloughed folks are considered unemployed for statistical reasons. Aren't you saying that you're at increase risk of Covid?

Does not your experience in critical care afford you understanding that Covid causes diffuse inflammation, and, that to be considered a critical care patient in the first place, a person has to have a significant inflammatory process going on? That at minimum Covid exacerbates any underlying condition?

What kind of work did you do in critical care?

It is confusing as you don’t know more than that about my employment, and you won’t.

Death with covid is not death from covid.

I’m at risk to get it, but near zero risk of significant morbidity or mortality, just like most anyone in good enough health to be working or out and about anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Well that's the point excess death. Unless you are saying covid is causing more motorcycle crashes and shootings.

What you can trust is another matter. I suppose these figures can be falsified too.

If I trust my eyes I haven't seen or heard of anyone around me get covid at all so it's all a hoax.
Hoax? Nah

Overrated? you betcha
Old 12-12-2020, 03:17   #1674

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well approx 1 in 2 Children in the USA under 18 have a Chronic illness and in the last 30 years I do not think that life expectancy has lengthened that much. Also in this bracket Auto-Immune issues are included as well, which is possibly just a spurious link to vaccines which work in that area or maybe not.
UFO, a few points to consider...
Vaccines have been around for a lot longer than just 30 years. We are talking about a few generations now that have been vaccinated.
A lot of things have changed that could explain the poor health of children under 18 today. Let's start with their poor diet. This is a generation that eats more junk food, industrialized, prepared food and, generally speaking, has poor eating habits (soft drinks, snacks between meals etc.). This is also a generation that is very sedentary. These kids don't exercise. They are driven to and from places by their parents instead of walking or riding a bike. Perhaps once a week they are driven to a sport class, but, on the whole, these kids sit in front of a screen. They are overweight and often obese. This generation suffers from all of the known diseases associated with obesity and a sedentary lifestyle: diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. We could also look into increased exposure to chemicals and environmental pollution as another contributing factor to their poor health outcome (especially allergies). What about psychological factors like isolation and weak social interaction and bonds?

If researchers are not looking into a correlation between vaccines and the poor health of the under-18 group, perhaps it's because there are better candidates to explain their poor health outcome.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:57   #1675
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... With all the money being thrown around why have they not run mass testing for antibodies and T-Cells to see actually how many people have really had it? Surely that would give us a vastly better understanding of the virus and how it spreads and who is at risk. They banned that test where I live in West Australia - Why would they do that?
As I understand it, the "finger prick serology" tests were only banned (in WA & SA) for acute detection and diagnostic purposes, because of their unreliability.
However, their use as a screening tool for people post-infection and for research public health screening purposes was not prohibited.
➥ https://www.rcpa.edu.au/Library/COVID-19-Updates/COVID-19-Useful-Resources/Docs/GPs-face-$20k-fines-for-using-serology-tests-to-di.aspx

Old 12-12-2020, 07:09   #1676

Boat: Formosa 41

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...5Es1_&ref_url=
Old 12-12-2020, 07:48   #1677

Boat: 26ft sailboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post

Wow... I don't do Twitter, but I was curious what that link contained.

It sounds like Orange-man invented the vaccine himself instead of a couple in Germany lol. Wish I could erase those 4 mins. watching that video and reading a dozen stupid responses from my memory.... oh well, I should have known better.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:30   #1678

Quote:
Well approx 1 in 2 Children in the USA under 18 have a Chronic illness and in the last 30 years
Links? Cites? What illnesses?

Quote:
Now surely this is an area that serious research should be undertaken, but to date it has not been done...

- Wouldn't it be good to discount vaccinations from that equation in regards to the poor health of our nations and , so why have such mass and long term studies not been undertaken? Same as why NO studies by Official departments have been undertake to compare the short and long term health outcomes of Vaccinate Vs Un-Vaccinated -
Links? Cites? How do you know it hasn't been studied?

Quote:
it would certainly remove a LOT of vaccine hesitancy from around the globe
Vaccine hesitancy is being broadcast by fact-free repetition of dubious information.

Quote:
There has been quite a few studies by universities in various countries into health outcomes of the Vaccinated Vs Un-Vaccinated and are well worth reading to broaden your knowledge beyond the official and limited pharmaceutical/government line - I will not get into those and leave it up to you to either look into or not.
Ah. "You're right but we have to prove this". Riiight.

Quote:
I do just want to point out that Pharmaceutical companies are more interested in Profit than the long term health outcomes of people
... and let me be the first to welcome you to capitalism. The expectation is that they can do both: improve our health AND make a profit.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:05   #1679

Quote:
Death with covid is not death from covid.
You're repeating empty dogma. Show us how they differ, and the numbers for each. (Same with "Masks block or they don't". Not exactly the conclusions of an independent free-thinker, are they?)

I can believe that a small percentage of the old and frail were likely to die soon, or might have died shortly from flu or pneumonia if not COVID.

BUT - if someone catches COVID-19, and they die, and they wouldn't have died then if they hadn't caught COVID... that's a COVID-19 death, regardless of comorbities, and possibly could have been prevented if the pandemic response was better... and there was enough compliance.

Many old people carry on for months or years with serious illness, living a rewarding life, your callous dismissal notwithstanding.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:22   #1680

Just listening right now to Dr Fauci, doing a 15 min interview (recorded Dec 10) with a Canadian Dr and broadcaster. Dr Fauci gives a pretty clear summary of the independent and transparent process by which vaccines are tested and approved in the US. He also weighs in on the anti-mask stupidity and the promotion of anti-science in general.

The show's webpage is here, and the half-hour radio show is linked from there.