Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2020, 11:10   #136

Boat: Leopard 40
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
People with masks on in their car are typically on a series of errands where it would be annoying to take it on and off or... simply forgot to take it off.

How does no one understand basic human stuff like this? Lol
Yeah right! Whatever!
Old 10-11-2020, 13:54   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I think we generally agree.

And for God's sakes don't listen to demagogues who want you to just believe that everything they are doing is right, since they "work day and night", and are "thinking about each and every one of you".
Don't worry, Australians in general have a deeply ingrained cynicism, mistrust and disrespect towards people in authority and politicians in particular! Probably a regenerating issue as it leads to the wrong sort of folks going into politics for the wong reasons.
He was just fan-boying on our state leader. Personally I happen to agree but that's of no consequence.
Old 10-11-2020, 14:10   #138

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
...Sure you have people who refuse to wear a mask packed in an elevator with 30 people but you also have people who drive alone in their cars wearing masks and will happily chastise you for not doing so....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqfishing View Post
Yeah right! Whatever!
You'll sometimes see me in a vehicle with my mask on, usually as Chotu says, on my way from one place to another where the mask it required at both ends of the trip and I've decided that personally, for me, it's more of effort than it's worth to take it off and put it back on.

The problem is the criticizers, here on CF who make fun of people wearing a mask while alone in the car - there can be valid reasons and you simply don't know, and those as mentioned by Valhalla who seem to think it's their business to mention it to someone because they have decided to wear one in their car full time and I haven't. A little critical thinking would go a long way.
Old 10-11-2020, 14:29   #139

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

I believe its why much of South East Asia has done so well
Much of the population wear masks BEFORE Covid
Old 11-11-2020, 17:30   #140
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34

Here we go...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...gKx?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 11-11-2020, 18:31   #141

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
You'll sometimes see me in a vehicle with my mask on, usually as Chotu says, on my way from one place to another where the mask it required at both ends of the trip and I've decided that personally, for me, it's more of effort than it's worth to take it off and put it back on.

The problem is the criticizers, here on CF who make fun of people wearing a mask while alone in the car - there can be valid reasons and you simply don't know, and those as mentioned by Valhalla who seem to think it's their business to mention it to someone because they have decided to wear one in their car full time and I haven't. A little critical thinking would go a long way.
Exactly. Me too.

I sometimes forget I’m wearing it.

I’ve been wearing a mask for a couple years now to breathe. I have to wear them constantly working on the boat.

I’ll easily drive a few miles before remembering to take mine off.
Old 11-11-2020, 19:24   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA3JY View Post

Well, Dr Osterholm is probably correct. But do you see anything along those lines being officially advised/mandated before Jan 20? 'Hell freezing over' comes to mind.

And then there's getting 50+ state/district governments to buy in. And then, a little thing called widespread compliance...
Old 11-11-2020, 19:31   #143

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

It's a shame the little people need a dragon to slay when faced with a hardship. Gota blame it on someone----right? Covid is no leaders fault. It will be around for a long time and it's not possible to hide under a rock "until it goes away". Grow up and live with it. (If you're lucky)
Old 11-11-2020, 20:25   #144
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
A vaccine is the only solution. Ft Detrick has developed one the should be out this year. May take a few years for production to reach demand. Non N95 masks are only slightly better than nothing and N95 should be reserved for healthcare workers. Dont listen to the bleeding heart media with a political agenda. There's not a country on earth that kept Covid out.

Your last is absolutely not true, but most that kept it out, or got rid of it, are island countries that are very serious regarding protocols. BVI, for one, has zero cases. Many South Pacific countries are the same. The flip side is that it has taken a huge toll on economies......but the protocols DO work.
Old 11-11-2020, 22:42   #145

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:

Yikes
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 11-11-2020, 23:37   #146
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

Bet they wished they voted for Trump now....
Old 12-11-2020, 00:03   #147
UFO

Quote:

Whats really hilarious is this same Dr had the complete opposite view on lock downs back in March :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...wn-is-no-cure/
Old 12-11-2020, 00:16   #148

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Whats really hilarious is this same Dr had the complete opposite view on lock downs back in March :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...wn-is-no-cure/

Why is that hilarious?

The March article is an eloquent case for the Great Barrington Declaration approach -- protect the vulnerable and let others live their lives per normal.

What made him change his mind? That's what I would like to know. That is not hilarious at all.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 12-11-2020, 00:32   #149
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Why is that hilarious?

The March article is an eloquent case for the Great Barrington Declaration approach -- protect the vulnerable and let others live their lives per normal.

What made him change his mind? That's what I would like to know. That is not hilarious at all.

It Hilarious because it just shows what a joke and manipulation the whole thing is - When no whiff of power is around then as you stated he made a great case for the Barrington Declaration, yet as soon as he's in a position of power he does a total 180 on his earlier views and plays the game - more than likely the puppet master told him to flip - Better to laugh than cry about it.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:10   #150
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
It Hilarious because it just shows what a joke and manipulation the whole thing is - When no whiff of power is around then as you stated he made a great case for the Barrington Declaration, yet as soon as he's in a position of power he does a total 180 on his earlier views and plays the game - more than likely the puppet master told him to flip - Better to laugh than cry about it.
Maybe your opinion is 100% correct but conversely it might be 100% wrong. It is possible the Dr Osterholm has learnt more about Coronavirus (and possible responses) in the past 7 months and has a better understanding of what is needed now.

I reckon Dockhead is 100% spot on
Quote:
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence