Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2021, 17:23   #1696

Re: corona virus alerts - Latest cruising Information for vessels/locations/rules

The United States, Gibraltar, Israel and Iceland will be among only eight countries on the UK Government’s “green” list for safe travel from May 17, according to modelling for the industry.

The analysis, based on the Government’s four “risk” criteria for travel, suggests the only other countries will be Ireland, Malta, and Australia and New Zealand - both of which are currently closed to foreign arrivals.

The research, by Robert Boyle, former strategy chief at British Airlines and its owner IAG, confirms government indications that only a handful of “green” countries are likely to be approved for quarantine-free holidays when UK ministers plan to lift the ban on non-essential foreign travel on May 17.
Montanan is offline   Reply
Old 19-04-2021, 18:03   #1697

Re: corona virus alerts - Latest cruising Information for vessels/locations/rules

The U.S. State Department said on Monday it will boost its "Do Not Travel" guidance to about 80% of countries worldwide, citing "unprecedented risk to travelers" from the COVID-19 pandemic.

"This update will result in a significant increase in the number of countries at Level 4: Do Not Travel, to approximately 80% of countries worldwide,"

The State Department already listed 34 out of about 200 countries as "Level 4: Do Not Travel," including places like Chad, Kosovo, Kenya, Brazil, Argentina, Haiti, Mozambique, Russia and Tanzania. Getting to 80% would imply adding nearly 130 countries.

Most Americans were already prevented from traveling to much of Europe because of COVID-19 restrictions. Washington has barred nearly all non-U.S. citizens who have recently been in most of Europe, China, Brazil, Iran and South Africa.
Old 19-04-2021, 18:11   #1698

Boat: Sold Hereschoff Bounty 68

NZ and Australia are now open to each other. Whose gonna be the first to sail the Tasman again?

Radio NZ reported yesterday:

"The first flight was greeted in Auckland by three transvestites waving signs saying "We Missed You", and playing Kylie Minogue."

What a welcome!
Scotty Kiwi is offline   Reply
Old 20-04-2021, 00:49   #1699

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Kiwi View Post
NZ and Australia are now open to each other. Whose gonna be the first to sail the Tasman again?

Radio NZ reported yesterday:

"The first flight was greeted in Auckland by three transvestites waving signs saying "We Missed You", and playing Kylie Minogue."

What a welcome!
I read that yachts are NOT included in this bubble.
Paul L is offline   Reply
Old 20-04-2021, 00:53   #1700

Boat: Outbound 44

Malaysia - stopped automatically extending visas for cruisers. They have till 4/21 to leave, although with the help of a number of marina managers some are getting a one time 39 day extension.

Indonesia - entry at the Lombok or Nongsa marinas is possible with a paid business visa.

Fiji - temp partial lockdown due to a couple of local cases.
Paul L is offline   Reply
Old 20-04-2021, 15:30   #1701

Greece has lifted quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers and those testing negative for Covid-19 coming from Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States. Not sure if this applies to entry by sea.
Old 20-04-2021, 16:04   #1702

Boat: Moody 45DS & Catalina 270

In Bonaire, the Immigration and Custom folks have become more strict on enforcing the length of stays rules. For many months they just looked the other way when cruiser left, if over the limits. Typically they allow 3 months, 6 months for some countries like the US. The last three boats who left, that I knew the folks on, all got fined from $800 for a one month over to $2400 for a six month over. That was a per person fine.

We are now over our limit, by about a month, but we formally applied for an extension before our 3 month limit was up. Our ‘hearing’ is set for tomorrow AM. The local Government Officials delayed our hearing date twice now, but they told us we are OK because we contacted them before our time was up. If we get the extension we can stay another 6 months, if not I guess will have to pay up when we depart.
Vingt-Knots is offline   Reply
Old 20-04-2021, 16:20   #1703
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

The Greek news is good news, as in the UK news. Greece is the first country I have heard of extending privileges based upon having the vaccine.

Elsewhere I read today that Trinidad is no longer renewing visas giving cruisers 2 weeks to leave. I am not totally sure that was universal or just a particular couple, it was presented as a universal policy.
hpeer is online now   Reply
Old 20-04-2021, 19:24   #1704
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

The Greek news is good news, as in the UK news. Greece is the first country I have heard of extending privileges based upon having the vaccine.

Step in the right direction. I wonder if Countries with a large number of Merchant Mariners will want this to become International Protocol , with reciprical privileges , to help with crew changes ..... Hope so!
Pelagic is offline   Reply
Old 30-04-2021, 11:06   #1705

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

I am following this thread, because I need to deliver one of the Transpac boats back from Hawaii to California in July.

As far as I can tell the current rules are

--Hawaii wants a covid test before departure, and will quarantine untested boats, unless you spent more than 14 days getting there, even if you are fully vaccinated.

-- California does not have any restrictions if you are fully vaccinated.

If anyone knows anything different, let me know.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 08:02   #1706

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

what is the current status for UK citizens traveling to USA?
tried to read all the available info on the web and there are pages and pages eventually got a headhache.
davil is offline   Reply
Old 02-05-2021, 13:02   #1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by davil View Post
what is the current status for UK citizens traveling to USA?
tried to read all the available info on the web and there are pages and pages eventually got a headhache.
UK rules:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

It is illegal to travel abroad from the UK for holidays. Follow current COVID-19 rules where you live: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

In England, you must have a permitted reason to travel abroad and complete the declaration form.

USA rules:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...countries.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...virus-disease/

U.S. citizens may return from the UK, albeit with specific requirements.

UK citizens are not permitted entry.
Old 02-05-2021, 13:06   #1708

Australian residents and citizens who have been in India within 14 days of the date they plan to return home will be banned from entering Australia as of Monday and those who disobey will face fines and jail, government officials said.

The temporary emergency determination, issued late on Friday, is the first time Australia has made it a criminal offence for its citizens to return home.

The restrictions come into effect from May 3 and breaching the ban risks severe civil penalties and up to five years imprisonment for those that disobey.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:39   #1709

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

But…
The Florida governor has announced a ban on any businesses asking for or requiring a vaccine card in that state. The cruise ship industry there are having issues with this as has been discussed in recent news articles.
My sis works for the travel industry and bagged a freebie cruise from Fla in December. I will be her insignificant other. Hopefully they will have it figured out by then. I did get vaccinated so I’m good to go.
Sand crab is offline   Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 18:43   #1710

I have a pretty big problem with a bareboat charter setup for 2 weeks from now in Grenada with Dream Yacht Charter (booked through Click & Boat). We made the booking back in Jan knowing that vaccinations would start ramping up and the end of May would likely work out. Luckily, Grenada changed their entry requirements and only has a <= 48hr quarantine for vaccinated tourists as of May 1, so we notified Click & Boat that we were moving forward with the booking as scheduled on April 22nd. Previously Grenada required 1 week, and my crew/passengers were not ok with that, so we were on standby with the booking and starting to look for other locations.

Suddenly today, we get notification from Click & Boat that "it is impossible to have a boat in Grenade due to covid-19 restrictions", which makes no sense. I called Dream Yacht Charter US and Grenada #'s all day and cannot get ahold of anyone at all. Port Louis Marina said that boats ARE being chartered (though I need to call back to ask WHO is chartering). The Moorings claims June 1st and July 1st (in different spots on their site) that their base opens again in Grenada. SunSail says July 1 st. I fear that Dream Yacht Charter decided to close and stay closed until June 1st or July 1st as well, and somehow we are JUST NOW getting notified of this.

Does anyone have any contacts at all in Grenada to try and help us get some solid information about what is going on down there? Dream Yacht Charter specifically would be great, but anything about boats available for bareboat charter would be very helpful. Ty!
glocklt4 is offline   Reply