Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2020, 04:12   #1

Boat: Oyster 53
Shipping Winston LiFePO4 cells to Turkey

Has anyone shipped LiFePO4 cells to Turkey? It seems like shipping LiFePO4 cells to Turkey is challenging due to importation laws. I've contacted GWL and Julia Yu(SkyPower Honk Kong) and both having issues finding how to ship here. Please let me know if you have shipped or used a freight forwarder in Turkey.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I have also considered shipping to Greece as we are 10 miles from Kos but currently the borders between Turkey and Greece are closed.
beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:32   #2

Re: Shipping Winston LiFePO4 cells to Turkey

I assume you’re shipping them in from China. What laws in particular are challenging you? Also, if your boat is for export can you receive a dispensation for any taxes or import levies, or at least a refund upon export?
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:55   #3

Boat: Oyster 53
Re: Shipping Winston LiFePO4 cells to Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako View Post
I assume you’re shipping them in from China. What laws in particular are challenging you? Also, if your boat is for export can you receive a dispensation for any taxes or import levies, or at least a refund upon export?
Yes, I am trying to ship from China. It seems like SkyPower who is the main distributor of Winston cells in Honk Kong is having issues finding anyone who would ship the cells to Turkey. I also got some info from a local freight forwarder that you have to be registered as a company here in Turkey to import lithium batteries.

GWL.eu ships from Europe they quoted me 1500 USD USP shipping fees and told me that it will go only as far as Istanbul, I would have to clear customs myself and arrange to delivery to my boat from Istanbul. I am just not very comfortable going to customs as I am not sure what might happen in there in-terms of other lithium batteries "regulations". It seems like customs fees for shipping anything to Turkey is 18% + 5% for other government-related fees.

You mentioned reclaiming TAX. Our boat is US-flagged and is under import laws in Turkey. How do you re-claim TAX, do you have experience with this?
beckett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifepo4, shipping, Turkey