Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-07-2011, 01:12   #1

Boat: Peterson 46
LiFePO4 Batteries: Discussion Thread for Those Using Them as House Banks

Hi,

There are two main threads which have been used for discussions about LiFePO4 batteries for use in sailing applications:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...art-36530.html

started by Jallum back in Jan 2010, and:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...bms-40389.html

started by electric1 in mid-2010.

They are both wide ranging threads, with a lot of useful information in them, but they also have a lot of posts debating the merits of Lithium based technology.

I am most interested in discussions with actual users of LiFePO4 cells in real sailing situations (I am using 4 * 400Ahr CALB cells), exchanging useful real information and data, but I've found wading through some of the general debate a bit tedious.

I think there may be now enough of us actually using this technology (and some for a few years now) to start this thread for a meaningful exchange of ideas and data.

If you want to debate the merits (or not) of the technology, please don't do it on this thread: please use one of the other threads. Also, if you're a cell manufacturer just trying to push your cells vs another brand, please also don't hijack this thread.

I look forward to using this thread to increase my knowledge, and share my findings. I hope enough of you also do to make it successful.

Thanks,
Paul.
sytaniwha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, grass, lifepo4, LiFePO4 Batteries, sailing