Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2021, 10:00   #1

Sailing in Grenada

Grenada is a really nice sailing destination. Nicer than many other Caribbean islands, if you ask me (although there definitely are more great Caribbean sailing destinations).

It surprised me that there wasn't a good sailing guide available online (and for free). So, I spent the past few months sailing around Grenada and writing this guide.

It includes information about all the different anchorages, general tips for sailing in Grenada and other info.

I hope you find it useful!

www.spendlifetraveling.com/sailing-in-grenada
SY No-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 18:18   #2

Re: Sailing in Grenada

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! I’m planning a trip there in a few weeks to scout out moorings or yard storage for hurricane season.

Thx

Rick
Mtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:49   #3

Hey, yes Grenada is a nice place to visit by yacht, but dont get stuck there. there seems to be plenty of yachts that have stayed for 2,4,5 years and forever.
we hauled out at Grenada marine during Covid and wish we HADNT and gone to one of the slighty more expensive hard stands like Clarks court. our yacht was quite messy when we returned and communication to the yard has hard, they wanted to charge us an arm and a leg to do even simple tasks on our yacht while we were away. !
only other rant is dont get Ateba to do any stainless steel work or Dwayne from Ac/dc to do any electrical work, they both have substandard work and we had to get all their work redone else where afterwards.
I would stay with the bigger more reputable companies.
Wave - Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:55   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

THANK YOU for a well-written, informative cruising guide, with excellent photography.
You mentioned several useful businesses/services, but didn't name some of them, nor provide any contact details, which would be helpful.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 19:09   #5

Boat: Oyster 43

Thank you so much for this. Ive been reading these forums for years but had to join today just to thank you for this guide.
I've been struggling to find anything and this is a great help.
jasecleverley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grenada, sail, sailing