Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Regional Forums and Groups > Europe
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2023, 10:56   #1

Looking for recommendations for charter in Zadar, Croatia

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a bareboat charter out of Zadar, but I would feel safer if someone had a recommendation for a place, I hear a lot of stories about slipshod maintenance, not just here, but all over, so I would rather go with a place someone has tried and found reliable.

Thank you.
katamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2023, 13:11   #2

Re: Looking for recommendations for charter in Zadar, Croatia

Although the boat we got through Navigare ended up having a significant number of problems (most of which Navigare tried to fix during the charter without success, and which cost us significant extra docking fees and lost time sailing), our broker had integrity and did as much as he could to support us (including reimbursing us for the first night's docking out of his own pocket as we couldn't anchor). Navigare gave us a token reimbursement that was insulting at best. Our broker also purchased a few kitchen utensils we wanted and left them on the boat for us. Thus, although I'd never recommend Navigare again, I would absolutely recommend our broker:

Josko Poljak
Booking Director
Globe Yacht Charter

E: info@globeyachtcharter.com
E: josko@globeyachtcharter.com
M: +385 98 511 165
M: +1 305 20 30 960

Globe Yacht Charter
b_ohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2023, 13:58   #3

Re: Looking for recommendations for charter in Zadar, Croatia

Thank you for the tip for the broker!

Sadly, My experience with Navagare has been the same as yours everywhere. My last deal with them (which was the final nail to never use them again either) was a 45Cat with a GPS plotter that didn't work (it was always off by hundreds of meters), all the lines were worn enough that there was snapping of threads on the rope with each mainsail being let out, an engine that had not seen maintenance in a while, and finally the main sail tore to shreds while about 20 miles from shore. I luckily had sailing needles with me and we slowly patched it enough back together (it tore in 3 difference places) to use it reefed and staying below 5 knots to get the boat back to shore. No reimbursement and they claimed they had thoroughly examined the boat before leaving it to us.

Ever time I've rented with them (or my friends), they have been total messes.
katamaran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Croatia, men