Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Other
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2014, 08:54   #1

Airbnb For Wannabes?

After our Atlantic crossing this summer we had good luck using Airbnb to find places to crash while traveling in Portugal and Spain. Having some experience in the hospitality business, I found many Airbnb offerings to provide excellent value in terms of accommodations, location, and price.

Besides the value, I like that fact that my money directly benefits an individual who probably really needs it, as opposed to a corporation that is just looking to make a profit.

Part of our deal livingaboard in the northeast while we work and save to make our getaway, is that we take a trip somewhere sunny and warm to remind us why we are shoveling snow off the dock and having to run 500' of garden hose every time our tanks run dry, usually in the middle of doing the dishes.

I am interested to know if anyone has any experience Airbnbing a boat and/or could make any recommendations?

With the expense of a repowering project looming ahead of us this spring, we are looking more for a cheap place to crash where we couldn't otherwise afford shoreside accommodations than we are looking to charter a boat. Sailing would be nice but we got our fix this summer. Living at anchor for a week, swimming from the boat, drinking rum, and being layabout would be more than good enough.

Could be on a mooring or in a slip. Could be Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean, Central or South America but we would prefer direct flights from NYC.

Cheers!
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote