Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2018, 10:27   #46

Re: Hit and run, hard impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentePieds View Post
Quote: "Anyway we're getting off topic pretty far here. "

Thank you for being cognizant of that :-)

As a moderator of this forum I was probably stretching things by making the post I did. So I would like to issue a gentle reminder to us all that discussion of politics, unless DIRECTLY related to cruising or the keeping of a yacht, is NOT permitted in this forum.

TP
No problem, no foul.
mr-canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:17   #47

Boat: Coast 30

TrentePieds it is virtually impossible to discuss this thread without references to the geo political situation in the region. I completely agree with your assessment of the situation.

There are a very few locations on the outskirts of the GVRD and adjacent municipalities where this poster could research some temporary locations which are obviously not widely published so as to hopefully stay under the radar: that could be capitalised on providing he stays on the move. but since there is an apparent instance to stay in Howe Sound? considering any advice that has been given receives a similar rebuttal. perhaps it is time to close this thread out?
coastalexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38   #48

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglaisInHull View Post
Warning - Off Topic

Blast from the past - I just figured out where Howe Sound is. (I assumed it was on the island but have now corrected myself.) But that brings up another issue:

Anyone here Canadian enough and old enough to remember The Beachcombers on CBC? I do, and re-reading the story I'm pretty sure Relic has something to do with all this.

I was in Plumper Cove last spring (which is across from Gibsons and where I believe Mr Canada used to have his boat) and awoke to this...swore it was Relic until I saw the outboard. So its till possible Relic or his kin are responsible...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1968.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	178808  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:55   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
I was in Plumper Cove last spring (which is across from Gibsons and where I believe Mr Canada used to have his boat) and awoke to this...swore it was Relic until I saw the outboard. So its till possible Relic or his kin are responsible...
It would definitely be Relic's kin if there's any connection. He was pretty well into his years when I met him but he seemed like a much nicer guy than on the TV show.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:11   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-canada View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...and a ton of nice crap that I don't want to just sell at bargain basement prices ranging from camping equipment to home appliances it's not really feasable.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What you might want to keep in mind is this: Every single one of the "I'm gonna sell all my stuff and move onto the boat," as well as those of us who have already downsized for whatever other reasons (in my case to move to support my 97 year old father-in-law), reports that:

NOBODY WANTS YOUR STUFF

NO ONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT

IT IS PRICELESS AND USELESS AS ANY PERCEIVED INCOME STREAM

Just a reminder of reality. It might help in your planning.

Good luck. You seem to have become less combative as this thread has continued, and have explained things along the way that might have helped in your OP, but at least you did share those with us.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 13:08   #51

Boat: Coast 30

It looks like this is morphing into memoirs or 'Molly's reach' restaurant, and the comedy of 'the Beach Combers' TV series?
coastalexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 13:11   #52

Dude, you might want to read more thouroughly.

I have no intention of selling my stuff because I would only get pennies on the dollar, it's not worth it. My stuff was all bought new, I'm not going to take $20 for a $2000 computer just because I want to live on my (relatively small) boat.

I was making a case against any intentions of being a liveaboard, not a case for it.

Nothing against liveaboards, it's a different lifestyle. Just not compatible for me personally at this time.
Old 11-10-2018, 14:23   #53

Quote:"TrentePieds it is virtually impossible to discuss this thread without references to the geo political situation in the region. I completely agree with your assessment of the situation."

Precisely why I felt it necessary to issue a gentle reminder :-)!

MrCanada's apparent need to remain within feasible reach of employment in Vancouver makes it IMO impossible to find a SAFE place to put the hook down for an unattended stay.

TP
TrentePieds is offline   Reply With Quote