Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Emergency, Disaster and Distress
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 20:49   #16

Boat: Island Packet 350
Re: FLORIDA MARINA DAMAGE REPORTS ONLY, PLEASE

Snead Island Boat Yard in Palmetto reports that initial inspection shows all boats on the hard had no damage.

RM
sailorman7225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 20:56   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Vero Beach

Friends that live there report observations from driving over the bridge that all boats looked well
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 02:03   #18

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Got word from Olsen Marine last night that their marina in Fort Myers did well. My Morgan Out I s land 415 wasn't damaged. I was prepared for the worst and feeling extremely lucky right now.
Old 13-09-2017, 07:44   #19

Jolly Roger: My boat is on the hard at Westland in Titusville.. it fell over during Matthew, hoping it isn't mine again. Did you notice a small 19' grey COMPAC on south side fall over observing from the park? Or could you describe the one you saw fallen over? Thank you! I am going to try to go there today if I can, I am 1.5hrs north of WL Marina.
Kaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 07:45   #20

Boat: Alberg 35
Re: FLORIDA MARINA DAMAGE REPORT

S/V CHRISTINAKI also waiting on damage report. I heard three sail and one power tipped over in the work yard. No word on the storage yard.
1966 Alberg 35 Sloop #218
Robert Dahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 08:07   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Green Cove Springs Marina

So far have only heard of one boat on the hard that was blown over. Several of the floating docks damaged as well as damage to the attached boats.

No word on status of boats in the mooring fields.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 08:45   #22

Boat: Alberg 35
Re: FLORIDA MARINA DAMAGE REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dahmer View Post
S/V CHRISTINAKI also waiting on damage report. I heard three sail and one power tipped over in the work yard. No word on the storage yard.
Re: Glades Boat Storage
Robert Dahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:43   #23

Fort Pierce Riverside Marina

Hi folks,
I have my boat in a.m. Marina. I am currently in Germany , cannot get hold of anybody at the yard.
Is there anybody around who knows how hard Irma hit Ft. Pierce.
Many thanks for a feed back
Klaus
klaus53123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 12:17   #24

Got an email update for Westland in Titusville. Just as I got there... Go figure. Entrance is chained, my boat is standing! But I only saw one 35+ footer that was on its side. There are power lines at the south side fence line that are laying on several boats. ALL the boats, except one that lost its mast looked fine at the Titusville municipal marina next to Westland. Here is the email FYI:

HURRICANE IRMA PROGRESS REPORT BEGINNING TOMORROW (THURSDAY, SEPT. 14TH) THERE WILL BE LIMITED ACCESS FOR BOAT OWNERS TO THE DOCKS & YARD BETWEEN 8AM AND 5PM

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this cleanup process.* The marina crew has been working diligently to get the marina up and running so that we can reopen.

OUR CURRENT SITUATION: Flood waters have receded but the river is still much higher than usual. The Office Building and Docks D, E and F have LIMITED power (one phase). Due to a broken pole and down transformer, there is NO POWER to the remainder of the marina – this includes A, B and C Docks and the entire Dry Yard. Access will be limited to the Docks and most of the yard.* The south fence line (next to the park) has electric lines down and on boats.* Entry will be at Your Own Risk and the marina will not be liable for any injuries or damage to persons, vehicles or vessels.* There will be no access to bathrooms and no running of Air Conditioners or other such electrical machinery that draws a large load – NO 220 Volt Power.
YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO MOVE BACK ONTO YOUR BOAT AT THIS TIME – LIVE ABOARDS WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK ON AS SOON AT THE POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED AND THE MARINA OWNERS ARE SATISFIED THAT THE FACILITIES CAN HANDLE IT. Copyright © 2017 Westland Marina, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you own a boat docked or stored at Westland Marina.

Our mailing address is:

Westland Marina

419 N Washington Avenue

Titusville, FL 32796
Kaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 12:32   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Laurent Giles Salar 40

Tremendous resource from NOAA. Detailed next day flyover images for the Keys and the hardest hit parts of the west coast. Wish such government provided imagery were available for the whole Caribbean
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html
chris07732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 14:18   #26

Boat: 47' Steel Roberts Cutter

Anybody know how the yards in tarpon springs made out?
NSboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 16:08   #27

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Hey, guys, start your own threads to ask about your own boats, please. Keep this thread clear for reports on the Marinas themselves. As people get better at looking at them, the pics will come, and then you can PM the poster for details or more pics.

If you don't keep the thread clear, it will soon become impossible to find the marina reports because of the posting clutter.

JPAC
Old 13-09-2017, 16:47   #28

Boat: Seawind 1000xl
Re: Burnt Store Marina between Ft Myers and Punta Gorda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaSailor View Post
8 PM Monday Sept 11

Burnt Store Marina 26.45N 82.03 W on Charlotte Harbor in the SW coast of Florida.

80 Mile south of Tampa Bay, 20 miles north of Ft Myers and 60 mile NNW of Irma's landfall.

300 boats in the marina and another 300 in dry storage

As far as I can see - one sailboat had a torn genoa but no other boat suffered any damage.

The storm initially sucked 3' of water out of the marina and the bigger boats were sitting on the bottom. Then The storm surge brought water to an inch above the seawall, which is 2' above normal high tide.
There is a CF thread about damage at Burnt Store which claims massive failure of the sea wall which may mean boats can not be safely reached. I spent a little time there last December moving a boat ate there.

My boat is at Lynn Brothers Marina in St. Marks, just South of Tallahassee on the Gulf. Very little damage to any boats there, in great part as far as I can see because my boat and the others in the harbor went aground in the mud as the water level dropped (same thing happened in many places on the Florida West Coast).

Link to St. Marks low water vid.

https://www.facebook.com/gene.kochan...0235057454838/
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 03:25   #29

Boat: VIA 42, aluminium cutter

Boats that tied across canal at River Reach had no problems. Some damage to boats that did not.
blueazimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 15:23   #30

Boat: 1988 Taswell 43 & 1972 Laser

"MARINA DAMAGE REPORTS" // REQUESTING OPEN MARINA INFORMATION ALSO. Understandably there is a need to know how one's boat fared. Some of us are still cruising and need fuel, water, etc. Does anyone have facts (not opinions) on best sources for operating marinas? Dockwa and Waterway guide are showing some listings. Does any one know of good other sources in Southern FL (E, S, & W)? Thank you.
ccwoodhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, lease, ports