Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 02:15   #16

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: Looking for 40-50' Bluewater Monohull Sailboat <$200k

Have you considered a Catalina 470? Its worth doing some research on. They were not even on my radar until a surveyor I respect suggested I have a look. You maybe surprised, I was, I had some bias against them based on uninformed internet opinions, once I talked to some knowledgeable people and really looked into them I changed my mind.
Like all boats for sale, prices are negotiable , I got mine for substantially less than your budget.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:55   #17

Boat: Montevideo 43

I have a John Robertson ( Robertson & Caine Leopaed cats fame) .built 1989 Montevideo 43. Proven cicumnavigator.
We are in South Africa, Cape Town. jannie@radiance43.com
Jannie Radiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:07   #18

Boat: Morgan 43 Custom Ketch

My name is Russ, I have a 1972, Morgan 43 Ketch. I have owned this boat for 27 years. it has been completely redone and is perfect condition. My e-mail is russkratka@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	146747  
BermudaBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:36   #19

Boat: Voyage 430

I have a completely revitalized C-T 47 Center Cockpit Sloop for sale in Fort Lauderdale.
She has a brand new Yanmar, and pretty much everything on the boat is brand new!
You can find her on YachtWorld. $189,000 USD
We are moving on to a large catamaran.
Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:37   #20

Boat: Oyster 48 Lightwave

Hello....Please check us out .... we are for sale.....Oyster 48 Lightwave..actually in Greece... reduced price 115000 euros.
You can tick many of your boxes.....
S/Y 'PACIFIC PEARL'
Â*Oyster 48 LightwaveÂ* FOR SALE - OYSTER 48 LIGHTWAVE FOR SALE
Best regards,
Bruno & Judy
pacificpeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:58   #21

Hi Dan,

Being from New England I see a lot of these boats around here. I do like their classic lines, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around having large movable objects under the hull besides the rudder. I know these centerboard boats have been all over the planet. Maybe I should consider them. What are your thoughts on "big" centerboards on 40+ footers? I'm not a fan of yawls btw so that rules out a few models for me.

Shawn
Shawn0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:07   #22

I appreciate all the messages about your boats that are up for sale. They are in some really lovely locales. I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are not able to continue on your journeys. I feel for you and I wish you all the best in your next chapter in life. I'm not sure I can make to to some of these locations to see the boat, but for the right boat and the right deal, you never know. Thank you for your responses.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Have you considered a Catalina 470? Its worth doing some research on. They were not even on my radar until a surveyor I respect suggested I have a look. You maybe surprised, I was, I had some bias against them based on uninformed internet opinions, once I talked to some knowledgeable people and really looked into them I changed my mind.
Like all boats for sale, prices are negotiable , I got mine for substantially less than your budget.
Hi Dale, if I were planning on staying in the Bahamas or VIs I would consider them, but I can't just go there for long passages.

Shawn
Old 02-05-2017, 10:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie Radiance View Post
I have a John Robertson ( Robertson & Caine Leopaed cats fame) .built 1989 Montevideo 43. Proven cicumnavigator.
We are in South Africa, Cape Town. jannie@radiance43.com
Is that where the boat is?

Shawn
Old 02-05-2017, 10:24   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificpeal View Post
Hello....Please check us out .... we are for sale.....Oyster 48 Lightwave..actually in Greece... reduced price 115000 euros.
You can tick many of your boxes.....
S/Y 'PACIFIC PEARL'
Â*Oyster 48 LightwaveÂ* FOR SALE - OYSTER 48 LIGHTWAVE FOR SALE
Best regards,
Bruno & Judy
Hi Bruno & Judy,

Thanks for the note. I wish I could come aboard right now, especially in that location. What a lovely boat. I am a fan of the Oyster 48s. Is there a location for a genset on her?

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 02-05-2017, 10:32   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
200k will get you there. I sailed and managed (only very briefly) a Stevens 50 Pilot House (extended). She sold some time back at 150k. The best thing since sliced bread. Probably the most sea friendly mid size yacht I have ever sailed. Better than more expensive and newer HR boats.

Make a long list. Then a short list. Then shop locally (or not, your call).

People here have heaps of boat experience. Just be a bit more specific with which boat you are after.

I have seen a clean and well rebuilt Skye (I think they are about 50 0r 51). She was listed at 105k (EUR money). Not sure if she sold. Good boat if you care for a ketch.

b.
Funny, every time I get it down to the short list, it becomes a long list again, then short again, then long again. LOL It's really astonishing how many sailboats have been designed in the last 50 years. So many small run hand built production boats.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:42   #27

Boat: Oyster 48 Lightwave

Yes, no problem for installing a genset....do check out our own website for further info and loads of photos...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*S/YÂ* 'PACIFIC Â*PEARL' - Home

By the way, Greece is wonderful....Judy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2527.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	146824  
pacificpeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:59   #28

Boat: Stevens 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkylump View Post
I'll try this once again, I have attempted 3x to reply

I'm sorry, we probably did chat when we had Moorahme on the market before, old age, or the convenience of old age does not help me in remembering.

We are currently in Antigua where we have enjoyed Classic Race week and now Antigua race week. Awesome! Moorahme is scheduled to be hauled for the duration of hurricane season May 17th.

We have enacted many, many additional upgrades in the last nine months. New salon cushions, all new doors on all salon cabinets, a complete bottom job down to the gelcoat, barrier coated, primed and seven coats of bottom paint in two colors so we know when we are close to needing a refresher, all new 1" stainless steel lifelines from the stern arch to the mid ship boarding gates, a new topping lift for the boom, all mainsail sheets run back to the cockpit and various other smaller projects. These, in addition to the Pro Furl in boom furler, the 100 hp turbo Yanmar engine with 1560 hours, the Kohler 5 kw generator, the Spectra Catalina watermaker, the 690 watt solar farm, the 18 month old Raymarine 7" hybrid chartplotter and 44 mile digital radar, the Vesper Watchmate 850 AIS, a less than year old top of the line Xantrex pure sine 3000 watt inverter/150 amp 3 stage battery charger, the Splendide washing machine.......all very nice and proper updates. Sorry, no bow thruster, I really don't think a competent skipper requires one on this boat.....she handles that well.

I ran into John Kreschmer here in Antigua, and he absolutely loves this S and S model sailboat, and I couldn't agree more. His write up available on line is a good one.

Moving to a trawler sooner than later would be fine with us, but in the meantime we truly enjoy sailing her, one hell of a boat.

You have our contact info if you'd like any additional pics or details. Best of luck in your search, it can be a rather daunting task.
Sorry, what I meant by I tried to reply 3x is that I tried 3x to reply on this site, and for some reason it wouldn't post. Nothing else intended nor implied.
gunkylump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 13:41   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkylump View Post
Sorry, what I meant by I tried to reply 3x is that I tried 3x to reply on this site, and for some reason it wouldn't post. Nothing else intended nor implied.

lol. No I understood. That happens when posting some times. No idea why.

Shawn
Old 02-05-2017, 14:57   #30

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38

So Shawn,

Wow... All these forum members with boats to sell you. But, I ask once again...

What, is your experience level with sailboats? Do you sail now? Have you ever owned a sailboat? Cruised anywhere?
SV Sailfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bluewater, boat, hull, monohull, sail, sailboat, water