Looking at these, I am scratching my head
for finding a window to sail from Marina Del Rey to Santa Barbara (we came from Ensenada via Avalon
on Sunday, continuing our journey to our home port in San Francisco).
Windy gives me almost a perfect window for passage
starting early morning tomorrow with up-to 20 knots winds from East (ECMWF, GFS and NAM converge, which I think is a good thing).
However, NOAA has some very scary forecasts with a gale warning with up-to 35 knots winds from the North and a small craft advisory all the way from here to Santa Barbara with a special highlight to part of our sailing area (Pt. Mugu to Santa Monica).
PredictWind (PWG and PWE) is slightly different than the two but converges more with Windy and is not alarming. PredictWind ECMWF and GFS are even better.
I would hate to lose such a good window but don't want to risk it considering the level of direness in NOAA.
We have less than 12 hours to depart if we want to, with very fairly divergent forecasts and not sure what to do