Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2017, 17:51   #31
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Where to install solar panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
Don't have photos but I went from 2 old 90watt panels above the Bimini, to 2 325watt panels, one of which is always in the sun when under sail and they both pull out on tracks about 80 cm so both can be in the sun when moored, my cockpit kinda grows wings...... The 2 90s were ok the 2 big panels are GREAT...... I did have to go 24volt each is on it's own controller. I debated 2 135s on the sides of the pushpit and desided it would be the same amount of work to make them slide and they are up high out of the way........ But they are big mothers I wouldn't like them on the davits I don't have, they would be too heavy that far aft on my boat......
I would like to see some photos of your installation with the panels shown in the different positions ("they both pull out on tracks….grows wings…").

Please take some photos and post in this thread I started to show (illustrate) the ways solar panels are installed on various boats. Here is a link:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ts-179638.html

And, I encourage anyone reading this thread to also post their installations (with photos) in that thread linked above. I hope to keep it going with many examples shown over time.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panels, solar, solar panels