Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2024, 04:21   #31

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
Re: Victron battery monitor weirdness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
Make sure your temperature compensation setting is entered as negative. Otherwise it might be compensating the wrong direction and increasing (rather than decreasing) voltage at higher temperatures.
Yea, I went and checked straight away. It is negative. Weird hey?
Old 29-03-2024, 07:52   #32

Boat: EuroShipServices Luxemotor 22m

I have a 24v 1000Ah battery bank and I noticed that the BMV602 used to jump to 100% far too quickly due to the Tc at 4% I reduced it to minimum, 0.5% I realistic, and now much more realistic when I plotted charging amps vs time.
Colin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 16:37   #33

Boat: Taswell 43

following. I use a Victron 712 BM, and a Balmar Smartgage, and a direct-reading digital voltage meter to monitor our 6 Trojan T105+ house bank. The Smartgage never agrees with the Victron(always significantly lower in SOC), but the recent press on the Smartgage leads me to not put a lot of trust in its SOC reading. I know my batt charger is to small, and needs to be replaced, and we only have 320w of solar(Victron controller). This discussion is very enlightening.
sailcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 23:27   #34

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcrazy View Post
following. I use a Victron 712 BM, and a Balmar Smartgage, and a direct-reading digital voltage meter to monitor our 6 Trojan T105+ house bank. The Smartgage never agrees with the Victron(always significantly lower in SOC), but the recent press on the Smartgage leads me to not put a lot of trust in its SOC reading. I know my batt charger is to small, and needs to be replaced, and we only have 320w of solar(Victron controller). This discussion is very enlightening.
Such a similar setup to ours. FWIW, with the changes made as above (14.2 volt as the charge threshold) I’m finding the Victron is now behaving very much as the old Votronic did. Of course they could BOTH be wrong, but at least they are now consistently so.

Tags
battery, monitor, Victron