Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 10:29   #1

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 42F
Unhappy Replacing Autohelm with Raymarine i60/i50

Hello learned members of CF.

I'm currently in the proces of replacing older Autohelm speed, wind and depth instruments with Raymarine i50/i60 instruments, bought as a package deal from Raymarine here in Denmark. I've replaced the old aluminum transducer at the masthead with the new combined windvane/anemometer with a plastic transducer with a 5 leggged contact. I've run the attached 5 stranded cable through the mast and it will connect to a suitable box at the forward head of the boat (a HR 42 F). Now, it's all pretty straight forward apart from the following: the instrument itself have two white plugs for connection to a SeatalkiNG backbone, which is okay but also have 7 (seven) male 1/8 plugs for connection to VANE (grouped in 5: red-green-blue-yellow-grey) and ROTA (a group of 2: blue-red). but there's only five strands in the cable!!! (green-red-yellow-black-blue). Am I missing something here? Please urgent help. Svalan
Svalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autohelm, helm, marine, raymarine