Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 09:04   #31

Pulled the trigger on 4 x 100w flexible panels and a Morningstar TS-MPPT-60

I'm sure they are not ripping you off. They do hundreds of transactions with not one negative feedback. If the tracking shows it was delivered then they did their part. Up to post office to find it. Probably will get delivered today.
jseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:27   #32

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch
Re: Pulled the trigger on 4 x 100w flexible panels and a Morningstar TS-MPPT-60

I bought something, they failed to delivered it. I don't care if the USPS says they delivered it, they didn't, and I have video proof.

I'm sorry, but customer service does not stop at "we dropped it off at the post office." "Sorry we deal with hundreds of customers so screw off?" They haven't even had the decency to reply to any of my messages, they only escalated it to ebay which automatically favored with them because of the bogus delivery message.

The item is insured, so he should be able to collect on his insurance and re-ship if the USPS doesn't find it. But they clearly did not deliver it. I buy and sell of ebay all the time, 100% rating.

What relationship do you have with that vendor?
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:33   #33

I don't know them personally. I bought a lot of their stuff and it was delivered. Give it some time to work itself out before you go pointing fingers. I mean it's only been a day.
jseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09   #34

Most businesses when you say, "Hey I have a problem" They say "How can we help?" Not just totally ignore you.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29   #35
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

autumn, are you saying that there is a USPS tracking number for your parcel, and that the USPS web site shows that parcel as actually delivered, but you never got it? Signature delivery, or simply dropped at your door? And somehow you can prove the negative, that you never got it?

With no typos in the address?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:57   #36

That looks like it's gonna be a tough one to resolve. I had a box that UPS said they delivered, but the driver took it with him when he left to go to other businesses in the building. Because it was marked as delivered, UPS refused to open a case on it, since they maintained it was delivered. It finally showed up months later after going around the world at least once.

Since you have video evidence, that should help immensely to prove your case, but what a nightmare! Good luck! Keep us posted!
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 15:14   #37

I've got a camera on the front porch. Not because I have problems with theft, but to deal with solicitors, that way I can ignore them without disrupting my work. I started recording when we listed the house for sale. It's sold and this was the last batch of stuff we ordered before we lost our ability to have things delivered easily (We're told UPS/Fedex won't deliver to the marina).

I just heard about a postal worker who was busted for not delivering a bunch of mail, because they wanted to save time. I tried to google it and found countless other articles about postal workers stealing stuff.

I've had stuff sit out for long weekends and it still be there.

Old 02-05-2014, 15:36   #38

So I left a note for my postman, and a different postman saw it (I wasn't home but checked the video).

He wrote to call the local USPS and left a number. So I called and talked to them, and they're going to talk to the carrier and get back to me.

Hopefully it was just an honest mistake and he delivered it to the wrong house, or he gets nervous about the video and "finds" it.

Anyhow, what other options do I have for wiring? Any place in LB or OC that I can buy suitable wire/connectors if this doesn't deliver? I certainly will never order again from podiumline1226. I tried to contact the seller today to update them on the work I've done to resolve this and they will no longer accept messages from me, so I sent him one via his email, which I can still see on my paypal for the moment until ebay/paypal blocks that too.

I ebay a lot of stuff, but lately it seems like the fraud factor is just getting out of control.
Old 02-05-2014, 16:53   #39

Got a call from the USPS. They said our regular carrier, who I guess "delivered" the "package" is not working today, so I won't get an update until Monday.
Old 02-05-2014, 22:23   #40

If you compare what time the box was delivered to what time your video says he came to your house, it will give you an idea whether he delivered it to a house before or after yours. If you can time the carrier tomorrow and determine how much time he spends per house, you might be able to pinpoint the exact house it was delivered to.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:26   #41

Thanks socaldmax but I don't think that will help. The mailman comes at different times, he's usually here by 10:30am-11am, but sometimes he doesn't get here until the afternoon. Sometimes one postal worker will drop off the mail, a second will come by later with packages.

If it was my regular mailman I can't imagine him stealing it, because he seems like such a nice guy, but who knows. The other day he was walking up to drop the mail off and I saw him coming so I stood there on the door step. He didn't see me until he went to put the mail in the box, when he looked up he was quite startled. We talked for a while and then the next day BAM no box.

I got an email from ebay. Of the 3 parts I ordered, they refunded me the cheapest $12.50, so I guess they think I'll eat $110.50 and be happy about it.

I emailed podiumline1226 and got no response, so maybe if I leave podiumline1226 3 negative feedbacks that will get it through his head, and if ebay removes them I'll know not to trust their feedback system anymore.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:50   #42

If your video shows what time he delivered your mail that day, you know exactly what time he was there. They use a scanner now when they deliver mail, the time stamp on that is very accurate, within a minute or so. If you compare the 2, I'm pretty sure you can determine which house got your package, within 1 or 2.

I had the wrong package delivered to my house by OnTrac, a small delivery service. The correct address was a few blocks over. I figured if I got their package, they probably got mine. I took the unopened package to the address and a lady grabbed for the package as she mumbled thanks. I said, "Not so fast. I'm missing a package and I think it was delivered here." She says, "No, my husband got something today that's it."

I told her she'd get her package after I looked at the one she had, sure enough it was mine. I gave her holy hell about opening a package with someone else's name and address on it, she didn't seem to understand what was wrong with keeping someone else's property. That's 'Murica for ya!

You still have recourse. there is a phone number buried somewhere deep in the Ebay Money Back Guarantee pages. I received an item that was damaged beyond recognition. The seller said tough crap, you got it. The initial complaint I filed they sided with him, despite the pics showing the destroyed item and packaging. I called and spoke to a nice lady who agreed with me and could not understand their decision. She immediately reversed it and all of the money, including shipping, was back in my paypal account within minutes. Try and give that a shot.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:55   #43

Anybody have any idea how much 4 25' solar cables from these guys weigh? I have no idea how big the box is, how much it weighs, no info from the seller.

He won't take messages from me, but if anybody wants to send this guy a message and say something like "I was going to purchase from you but heard you have ZERO customer service" or your own fun message, here's a link:
500ft PV Solar Panel Cables Only 4MM2 TUV Double Jacket for Custom Connection | eBay
Old 06-05-2014, 15:49   #44

Well, got the phone number and city for podiumline1226, left a message, I guess I'll be contacting the Manassas PD in VA if I continue to be ignored.

And I still need to find another vendor to buy this gear from. One that doesn't sell via ebay.
Old 06-05-2014, 18:36   #45

The vendor's local PD isn't going to do anything for you concerning internet transactions. I've even contacted the cybercrimes division of the FBI over stolen merchandise and they did nothing, even though that division does handle that specific type of crime. In that case, Ebay did step up and refund my money.

Your only recourse is to appeal Ebay's decision by talking to someone on the phone in customer service, as I mentioned earlier.

Tags
mppt, panels