Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2021, 21:36   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 349
Not another portable generator thread!

Sorry guys and gals, had to do it. I’ve spent quite some time digging through these but ultimately thought I’d pose some of these questions here. Note: CO sensors are cheap, will plan to have quite a lot in the cabin to keep things safe.

We are looking at getting a new or 5< Year old boat. The price that they are asking for generators on these is quite high for what we intend to use it ($20k). That said, a portable Honda EU2000i companion seems like the ideal fit. Main questions are:

- is it safe to store in a deck locker with gas in the generator (I believe you can have the cap selected not to vent)? If not, would the only way to bleed it is to take off the cover and undo the fuel line or does a simple upside down tip work?
- storing the gas: I’ve seen anchor locker and tying off to a stanchion. I like the anchor locker but would like any thoughts.
- running: seems like bathing platform would be best but would be a bit concerned with some wake coming into the fold out platform and getting it wet. I suppose right above that would be next best?
- weather protection: curious if anyone has used one of these as a saftey precaution? GenTent 10K Generator Tent Running Cover - XKI Kit (Standard, TanLight) - Compatible with 1000w-9000w Inverter Generators https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013SG85NQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Letterkenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator