Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2016, 14:18   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
No clew outline line

Got a new 380 last fall, sailed it a few times last fall, sailed a few times this spring and noticed that there was no line attaching the clew of the sail to the back of the boom! Sail was not moving too far forward because of stack pack , reefing lines that went around the boom etc., but clearly it needs something.

I had some cheapo poly line that i doubled up a few times through the clew and the loop at the aft of the boom just to pull the sail back and hold it, but this isn't the best solution, and I haven't been able to pull the sail back enough.

What is on other boats. Does anyone use a pulley system, put a cam cleat on the boom. This isn't a racing boat, so I don't think I will be changing the draft of the sail often, but would like to do what is appropriate. So hearing what others have would be good. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	topofboom (1).jpg
Views:	183
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	126268  
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote